Mcquay-norris

old car fan

Guest noncompos

I have a 41 McQ-N catalog, and an earlier 1936 King Prod, apparently their predecessor as they use the same catalog numbers and format; the 36 has a numerical list but the 41, unfortunately, does not.

ES49:

36 King shows "Chrysler 35-36 CU,CV,C1, C2, C3, C9, C10, C11"

41 M-N shows: (under Chrysler) Airflow 35-37 CU,C1,C9, C17; Airflow Imp CV, C2, C3; Airflow Cust Imp C3, C11 (no, they don't match--parts catalogs often don't!!)

ES53/54:

36 King shows: 1936 Chrysler Airstream 6 C7; Airstream 8 C8, 1936 DeSoto Airstream S1...the 41 M-N shows the same BUT NOTES ES53 is the right end and ES54 the left end.

ES75: shows some Dodge truck models 35-41...too many to type, can send pic to email adds.

ES82:

Too late for 36 King; M-N shows for EARLY 39 Chev JA Deluxe car for left end (Pitman arm with 7/16 thick tie rod stud bracket (LATE models (no ser # break listed) have 3/4 thick tie rod stud bracket, diff rods/ends).

ES108: a batch of Stude's 38-40; can send pic. My email pitybud@q.com.

Keep in mind this 41 catalog has no numerical index, and those that do aren't set up as interchenges, so yours may well fit other makes/models. Good luck.

• 1 year later...
Guest PBiggs

post-44247-143141814132_thumb.jpg

I see this is an old thread, but I just thought I'd give it a try. ! am also looking for help in identifying the application for McQuay-Norris ES-36 tie rod ends. I purchased these 15 years ago from a closed Chrysler dealership and have been totally unsuccessful finding the application.

I have enclosed a picture of the ES-36's.

I also posted a couple of pictures of tie rod ends with numbers stamped on the part which also remain unidentified.

Actually, if someone can id either or both of the sop ends, I will give them to you free...just pay shipping charges to your address.

Thanks for any help.

Pat

post-44247-143141814121_thumb.jpg

post-44247-143141814125_thumb.jpg

post-44247-143141814129_thumb.jpg

Edited by PBiggs (see edit history)

Interesting your boxes apparently say S36L and S36R...

That 36 King catalog, under ES-36, lists:

Chrysler 34-35, CA, CB, Airstream C6, 6cyl; CZ 8cyl;

DeSoto 35 SF, Airstream;

Dodge 34 DR, DS (lefthand)

Plymouth 34 PE, PF (lefthand).

The 41 McQ-N has no numerical index, but under the above four Mopars shows:

Chrysler 34-35 CA, CB, Airstream 6, 6cyl; Airstream CZ 8cyl, (lefthand)

DeSoto 35 SF, Airstream (lefthand);

Dodge and Plymouth listings are the same as in the 36 catalog...

On those that specified ES36 as lefthand, the righthand was ES35...

Can't help on the other things...

With sympathy, Bud (fmly noncompos)

Guest PBiggs

Hi....and thanks a bunch for responding. This is the first time I have seen any ES-36 tie rod end information. As you can see, the boxes are labeled 1 pair ES-36.

The "E" on hand written label for the picture is almost hidden by a part of the tie rod end.

Just curious if you catalog lists the Chrysler part number with the M-N number?

Again, thanks for your help.

Pat

Edited by PBiggs (see edit history)