I need help Fast Re seat cover size for 66 4 door Chevy Belair.

Guest joedaless

Guest joedaless

Hi Eveveryone,

I just bought a set of seat covers from CARS INC out of Mn. I recieved them and the front seat cover would not fit across the back of the bench seat no matter what I did.

I was told to send them back and they would check the pattern. When I called them back they said they were the right ones. We seem to be at a stand still on what to do. I meausured the the front bench . It is about 53" front one side to the other. This is the original chevy seat as it came from the factory.

Can anyone who has a full size 1966 Chevy bench seat please meausure the seat for me and let me know so I can prove a point with these people.

I have almost $800.00 invested and it seems they think they are right . I can't afford to lose my money and have nothing to show for it.

Any and all help will be appreciated .

Happy Holidays to all,

Joe D

joebeatle64@aol.com

Guest Jim_Edwards

I would suggest you take the car and the seat covers to an automotive upholstery shop and pay them whatever to have them install them.

I would suggest you take the car and the seat covers to an automotive upholstery shop and pay them whatever to have them install them.

I agree with Jim. Even when correct those covers fit extremely snug in some styles and can be difficult to fit. With a little rough handling they can rip at the edges and seams too.

The CARS people do a good job and I have little doubt that if they make a 1966 upholstery set it is correct for a 1966 ASSUMING the car has it's original seat AND original foam. Are you sure yours is the correct original? If so had it ever been re-padded? Looks like finding an upholstery shop experienced with 1960s cars is the thing to do, good luck, Todd C

PS--if you are able to post photos we might be able to take a look and offer advice first though.