1915 Luverne Roadster

I found a Luverne Roadster for sale. The guy want $110,000 for a rusted rolling chassis, engine, and 2 tanks. It seems a bit high for sometime that is interesting but has no race history or owned by anyone famous. Even though there was only one built, there were alot of one-offs during the infancy of the automotive age. Any advise or input would be appreciated.

You seem to be exhibiting that rare syndrome called " good sense". Most Horseless Carriage era vehicles seem to be valued mostly by horsepower, features, and originality. This project would require a lot of soul searching before offering 1/10 the asking! wink.gif" border="0

Thank you Layden. And sorry for the messed-up english. I was pretty excited when I wrote this. I have been looking for anything on the Luverne for awhile because my Great-grandfather was F.A. Leicher. Him and his brother started the company. I have included the website I found it on. What, in your opinion would the ballpark be on something like this?<BR> <A HREF="http://www.cardiscoveries.com/vintage-cars/1915-Luverne-roadster/index.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardiscoveries.com/vintage-cars/1915-Luverne-roadster/index.htm</A> <P>Thank you in advance for your help,<P>Eric

It sometimes happens in this hobby that sundry ferret-eyed folks will shamelessly test P.T.Barnum's theorem. It's a free country. shocked.gif" border="0

The book I have shopws a value of $26K for a condition #1 Luverne...I think the book is normally way low and not realistic but it gives you an idea. First of all, most guys end up with much more in their restorations than they are worth, even some that do the majority of work themselves. The question is how much is your ancestor's connection worth to YOU? Also, if money is not an issue than who cares how much you pay for something, it is your money! Realistically though, it sounds like 110K for what you got is pretty much off the charts for a car like this and in its condition. You've got a lot of guts even considering this project just on the basis of restoring it! This is not sensible...but in the end only you can decide how much you want to pay for it!