Inflation

Dave Mellor NJ

Almost looks like MGM or Universal studios. Seems like a number of anachronisms there. Cars too old, obscure english movie, clothing styles seem newer, was it common for a lady to have a wrist watch ? Where did the picture come from please ?

Guest Siegfried

I recall a friend saying a few years back that everything is up approximately 100 to 150 per cent of what it was in the 60ty's. Gasoline at 30.9 cents in 1966 versus gasoline at 3.29.9 today here in Pa. And forget the smokes price. WOW! from .5 to %.75 per pack. Addiction has it costs. Glad I quit.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Almost looks like MGM or Universal studios. Seems like a number of anachronisms there. Cars too old, obscure english movie, clothing styles seem newer, was it common for a lady to have a wrist watch ? Where did the picture come from please ?

From LowKat on Hamb as I stated in the opening post. "Vintage shots of days gone by" is a fabulous thread almost 1800 pages. I think this is page #48