Sign in to follow this  
NCReatta

Tickled to death

Just had to post a picture.. It looks so cool. :D

394427_2344748790555_1605068107_31996828_786275522_n.jpg

If someone else is interested in one, I can probably have my guy do it.

Hey Marck I think that looks really good. What color do you call that and what process did your guy use. Did he do the console and the doors?

CK

Thanks! :) It's laser etched into the trim piece. The color of the lettering is just whatever is behind the anodized aluminum.

Marck,

Good show! Strangely enough, I had been considering doing something very similar in my 88 but just hadn't gotten it together yet. Did you go to a sign shop, or do you know someone with a laser-etching rig? That is one "toy" I'd love to own - could come up with hundreds of projects for it.

KDirk

Marck,

Good show! Strangely enough, I had been considering doing something very similar in my 88 but just hadn't gotten it together yet. Did you go to a sign shop, or do you know someone with a laser-etching rig? That is one "toy" I'd love to own - could come up with hundreds of projects for it.

KDirk

My friend has access to a laser rig. If you'd like me to get you one done, I'm glad to.

Marck,

I think I have a spare trim bezel for the CRT in a box here somewhere...if I can dig it up, I will PM you for the details. Unless you end up posting them in this thread.

Thanks!

KDirk

Ok, I can get them done for about $55. If you ship them to me, I'll get a couple together and get them to my guy. Just include a return shipping address, and the name just as you want it to appear on the bezel.

Just PM me for my address. :)

Are we talking the lettering, and/or the brownish hue in the photo, or just the lettering?

Just the lettering. The lighting was a little odd.

Marck,

Your parents must have been psychic. The '89 Reattas are 22 years old and I believe you are about 17?

Just kidding. It looks very nice.

You mentioned you don't have too many of the '89 panels so if anyone wants a panel to be lettered I have lots of them for $ 8 each plus $ 7 for Priority Mail shipping. This way anyone wanting to have one lettered can still keep their original as a spare.

I can have it sent right to Marck if someone needs one.

Marck,

Your parents must have been psychic. The '89 Reattas are 22 years old and I believe you are about 17?

Just kidding. It looks very nice.

You mentioned you don't have too many of the '89 panels so if anyone wants a panel to be lettered I have lots of them for $ 8 each plus $ 7 for Priority Mail shipping. This way anyone wanting to have one lettered can still keep their original as a spare.

I can have it sent right to Marck if someone needs one.

Yup! They're psychic all right!! And they could afford a Reatta when it was new too! :D:P

Thanks Jim, I've got a few, but if I get into a bind, I'll let you know. :)

Marck, Now you have to find something neat for us 90/91 owners who don't have the CRT.

Marck, Now you have to find something neat for us 90/91 owners who don't have the CRT.

Working on it right now, Richard.. I'm thinking maybe something on the Cubby Hole door, but Just thoughts at this point.

If you have the CD, there is no door...

There is... an '88/89 Reatta.