Is this a Dynaflow issue?

Guest daveh70

Guest daveh70

Sometimes when gaining speed, the engine briefly stops responding to gas pedal. Car starts coasting. Two seconds later car responds to pedal again. Motor is NOT stalling. I have the Variable pitch dynaflow on a '58 Special. Wondering if it's a very slow transmission shift to 2nd gear? Transmission slipping? Transmission fluid level is fine. Dirty automatic trans filter, faulty converter pump? Vacum leak in the fuel vacum system? May be hesitation/faulty accelerator pump in carb?

:) This does'nt sound like a Dynaflow problem. First of all , the Dynaflow does not upshift on a variable pitch. It sounds more lke a carburetion problem or possibly an ignition problem. How does it run once you "get it going"?

:) kaycee

Guest daveh70

Runs and drives just fine. Idle may be a little high, but car has no tach so a little hard to tell. As mentioned car just doesn't respond to throttle briefly, then few seconds later it's ok. So not a transmission issue huh? I did change the fuel filter in front of carb hoping that would solve it, but didn't do anything.

Just sounds like a bit of fuel vaporisation to me, happens all the time with the modern fuels. Usually afer the car has been driven and parked for a short while. Worse on hot days.

Koala

Guest daveh70

Haven't tried the tap or flutter of the pedal. What I've done is completely release the pedal after it's happened. Then I slowly accelerate and the response kicks in again.

• 2 weeks later...

The new government subsidized corn for ethanol ( Corporate Welfare ), is causing a lot of problems. Take your carb apart and do this to increase atomization. - "Enlarging AFB channel restrictor to cure lean-off idle stumble" That is if you have a Carter Carb.

post-56742-143138790621_thumb.jpg