Honestly, is there anyone this stupid

Guest 1930

Just hoping this email reaches you well, I'm sorry for this emergency and for not informing you about my urgent trip to London,United Kingdom but I just have to let you know my present predicament. Everything was fine until I was attacked on my way back to the hotel, I wasn't hurt but I lost my money, bank cards, mobile phone and my bag in the course of

this attack. I immediately contacted my bank in order to block my cards and also made a report at the nearest police station. I've been to the embassy and they are helping me with my documentation so i can fly out but I'm urgently in need of some money to pay for my hotel bills and my flight ticket home, will definitely REFUND as soon as back home .

Kindly let me know if you would be able to help me out so I can forward you the details required for a wire transfer. waiting to hear back from you..

Thanks

"Paul Politis" <politpaul@yahoo.com>

Yes they are, as the old saying goes, "There is one born every minute" or is it second....

The way they get your email is that they break into someones email account. Once they have your long on they send out the emails to all the people you have on your address book. They break into many email accounts and do it to many people at the same time. The person who's email account is violated has a hard time taking corrective action because the first thing they do when they break into your account is change the Log-on so that you can get back into your account.

What a scam!

Edited by juanatejeda
typo (see edit history)

That's an old one. It gets tried over and over again.

One way they get your email is by all those forwarded jokes and heart string tugs and petitons that are worthless that keep getting passed around. Many many of my friends take part in this without them ever suspecting they are spreading our email addresses all over the world. Please my friends, when you forward something on please, please remove all the previous forwards email addresses.

Edited by dwollam (see edit history)

I wonder how they get my e-mail?

Just think how many people post their email addresses visible in replies to posts on this forum! This forum is seen world wide!

I really do think though, that "dwollam's" post is the main way they get their hands on email addresses - especially the ones where you need to send it back to the sender. You can always use the "Bcc" (blind carbon copy) field to select your recipients so they are not seen by others AND remove any signs of previous senders' email addresses from group "chain" emails you feel you need to send. :(

Thank you 1936 D2. I forgot to mention bcc (bling carbon copy). If everyone used that we would be alot better off. As an ISP I am amazed at the stories my customers tell me, the calls I get about bogus emails that is from their "email provider" and such. One would think that they would become aware of what is legit but after 16 years I still get those calls. I just repaired a computer that my customer had given them 4 credit card numbers and her bank account number before finally calling someone for help. I think she got all the accounts closed before getting ripped to hard.

We got the same email. Strange thing is, I used to know a "Paul Politis" about 40 years ago, and he was in the old car hobby.

But a long time ago, we made a deal with our bank. They don't rebuild carburetors, and we don't make loans! ;):)

There is still that instrument devised by Mr. Bell for personal contact.

Jon.

It just goes along with the idiots that send an email telling you that they have all of the rare parts you are looking for. They are usually from the UK (absolutely NO OFFENSE meant to any English folks). I ALWAYS ask for a photo of a certain view of an item. If they fail to send that photo, it's usually a scam.