1934 Woody Wagon-rare car, restored

Guest ChiefIsaminger

Guest ChiefIsaminger

This 1934 Woody is a piece of history - body off restoration in 1994. Garaged and rarely driven since. Restoration documented. Would love to find a new home for it.

Guest ChiefIsaminger

Sorry- forgot the make. It is a 1934 Ford wagon. Only 5315 manufacturer, per one of our books. We are in Birmingham, Alabama. The car had a body-off restoration in 1994; we have documentation from that, as well as some provenance (but not back to first owner). It is absolutely beautiful- has been garaged since we bought it, not driven much. I have photos I can send you. Contact information - home, 205-979-2528, cell 205-296-5797. Thanks - Jim

But what make this station wagon?? it can be a Ford then it is not a rare car, or a Chevrolet, or a Dodge, an Hudson or a Nash... but if it is a Pierce-Arrow, Packard, Cadillac, LaSalle, Lincoln, then it can be a rare car.

Who will purchase a cat in a bag???

Apparently it must be a Ford because it is said in an AACA Bulletin that Marilyn and Jim have several Ford including a 1934 wagon...

Edited by llopdoro (see edit history)

Guest ChiefIsaminger

You are correct, this is a Ford. The Ford Chronicle, A Pictorial History From 1983, notes on P. 79 that production of the 4 door wagon V8 was 2,772. Considering that this car is all stock, also considering how many of this time period have been chopped, also knowing that statistics on how many stock woodies are still extant may be difficult to determine, maybe "hard-to-find" is a better description than "rare." A recent Hemmings lists a similar vehicle at $65,000. We have documentation from the restoration, some provenance, and photos to describe this bagged cat. Please let me know if you are interested. And thanks for your comments.