Nice 77 Electra

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

Was down to the Pittsburgh Strip District early this morning for some produce and goodies and I saw this very clean 77 Electra sitting. It was sitting in a no parking zone, and I would guess it belonged to an owner of one of the stores as it was being totally ignored by the parking cops.

It was a Limited and had the black interior which appeared to be mint. There were a few marks on the car, but overall an extremely nice original car.

The white spots are snow in front of the camera

post-30591-143138766329_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143138766332_thumb.jpg

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

Guest my3buicks

The plate was a disabled veteran or purple heart plate - the road wheels would make it po, but I liked how elegant it looked with the standard wheelcovers. I could have driven it home without hesitation.

• 2 weeks later...

Keith,I tracked this guy down(after,like you, Ive spotted this car ) ...he lives in my old neighborhood and I probably see this car 5-6 times a week,talk about torture. Sadly he plans on driving this car all winter long and in fact wanted to know if I was interested in selling the snow tires that were on mine when I bought it. Its a PA vietnam vet plate. What a shame ....it really is a pretty car. I think he works on smallman st in the strip.

Dan

Guest my3buicks

That is a shame, hopefully he keeps it well cleaned up over the winter - if how it looked that day is any indication, there is hope.