1936 Buick Series 60 Century - New Member

Guest dkhunt

Hello All- I'm a new member to this forum and I'm also a newbie to the "old car" arena... I've been wanting one for quite some time and I recently had the opportunity to acquire a 1936 Buick "Six Wheeler" that a neighbor has had since the mid 1970's and although he's done a tremendous amount of work (including complete disassembly, having the frame and body parts dipped and phosphated, having the motor, trans, rear end, etc completely rebuilt, etc.)... there's a lot left to be done. I've basically got a rolling chassis but need to completely assemble it, install a new interior, and paint. All the chrome has been replaced or re-chromed. Fortunately I have a father-in-law who is a master craftsman when it comes to upholstery work. Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning pointers from other members and getting this project underway.

post-81408-143138762456_thumb.jpg

post-81408-143138762468_thumb.jpg

post-81408-143138762479_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the Buick Pre War forum.

You have come to the right place to share information and get a little help or advice when needed.

I'm in the later stages of restoring a 1936 Series 60 Century Convertible Coupe so don't hesitate to ask questions, if I don't have an answer there are plenty here who will.

You could start by posting your engine number and frame number and I'm sure our resident production date guru Dave Corbin will be able to give you the approximate date your car went down the assembly line.

Also well worth while joining the BCA - a recent edition of the Club magazine ( The Buick Bugle ) was devoted to the 1936 Buicks and you should be able to source a copy after joining the Club.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your sidemounted '36 Century. As you go through your parts, be careful to not toss out any old wood - no matter how rotten. As you go through the wood replacement portion, you'll appreciate having a pattern - even if it's just a small part.

Good luck and ask any questions - these are a very friendly and helpful bunch!

Thank you all for the welcoming comments. I'll definitely "catalog" everything... gotta make a little room for that in my shop. I'll post pics as I make progress and I'm sure I'll be asking for help! I just joined the BCA and I'm looking forward to receiving the Bugle... as well as trying to get a copy of the recent edition that was dedicated to the 1936 Buick. Thanks again guys.