1938 packard six 2 door

Guest timleger

To further complicate things I think this is one of those cases where the book may not be the "be it all end all". I think 16 grand is not going to get a true #1 car - maybe not a big dollar car, but unlikey to get any prewar Packard in #1 condition for $16K.

Now there are not many '38 Packard 6 models running around in #1 condition, so the car itself, while not overly rare is rarely seen in #1 condition, which IMHO accounts for why the book does not reflect somewhat higher true value. There is a 2 door sedan in my area a couple years older, in nice but not #1 condition, seller is looking for low 20s, which I think is optomistic for that particular car but not a #1 car. You can see the comp on the website "Prewar Car".

To Alsancle's (and Rusty's really) point, not enough info here for us to truly assist you. If you cannot post pictures you need to describe it at the very least.

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)

Steve you may be right. I was trying to point out the tremendous difference condition makes on a car that old. This illustrates the difficulty of giving a hard and fast answer.That actually is the price range given in my price guide. If the questioner provides more information and photos I am sure you can narrow it down.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

Speaking of price guides... NADA lists 'High Retail' for a 1938 Packard 6 Cylinder Club Coupe as $75,900.00. I have no idea where they get these numbers. That value is not even for a #1 car... just a car in excellent condition.

P.S. If anyone has a true #1 condition 1938 Packard 6 cylinder Club Coupe, or Business Coupe for 16K... I've got my checkbook out. :)

Rusty, we are on the same page sir - just elaborating on your observation!

JD, interesting price gide! If there is ANYONE willing to pony up 75 large for a '38 Packard 6, they can have a '39 8 cylinder for the same money, just call me!! :D:D

Anyway, all academic as it looks like Our OP is MIA??

Rusty, we are on the same page sir - just elaborating on your observation!

JD, interesting price gide! If there is ANYONE willing to pony up 75 large for a '38 Packard 6, they can have a '39 8 cylinder for the same money, just call me!! :D :D

Anyway, all academic as it looks like Our OP is MIA??

As many seem to be. Reckon they find us once and are unable to again?

Ben

Guest Packardtea

I just sold my 38 Packard Six 4 door sedan. It had 28,000 miles on it, original interior, great condition. I did alot of work and it was a good driver. What is it worth? It maybe worth $16,000 if you can find the wright person. Six's are tough to sell as they were entry market for a Packard. But I loved them all.