37 1938 BUICK FRONT BUMPER BADGE !

Guest 38-RAYS

Guest 38-RAYS

WE ARE HAVING THIS VERY RARE ITEM REMADE . MADE FROM A NEW STAMPED CASTING JUST LIGHT THE ORIGINALS FOR GOOD DETAIL ! COMES PAINTED BLACK WITH RED 8 . ! WE ONLY HAVE 15 LEFT THE OF THE SECOND SHIPMENT AND ARE GOING FAST ! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED ? :confused: THE COST $ 250.00 EA SHIPPING IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE ! :D IF YOU ARE INTERESTED ? E-MAIL US AT RAYS1938BUICK@AOL.COM WE ARE IN LOS ANGELES , CA ASK FOR RAY HERNANDEZ

post-64756-143138758431_thumb.jpg

post-64756-143138758452_thumb.jpg

post-64756-14313875847_thumb.jpg

post-64756-143138758488_thumb.jpg

post-64756-143138758509_thumb.jpg

post-64756-143138758527_thumb.jpg

post-64756-143138901975_thumb.jpg

post-64756-143138901992_thumb.jpg

post-64756-143138906316_thumb.jpg

post-64756-143138906336_thumb.jpg

Edited by 38-RAYS (see edit history)

38-Rays,

You were going to make 50 in August (per this post)

http://forums.aaca.org/f117/37-38-buick-front-bumper-8-a-305673.html

but that didn't happen, now you are going to make 100. It seems you failed to respond to the previous post noting the authentic color scheme. Just kinda curious what happened in the past 6 months? I'm sure my note comes across as very direct and possibly negative, but simply interested in the answers that's all.

I really do hope your successful in producing them as I think you will do well with them. It would be much better to produce them with the authentically correct paint scheme, however.

Good Luck!

Guest 38-RAYS

WE'VE DONE YEARS OF RESEARCH ON THIS BADGE - THIS PROJECT WAS ORIGINAL STARTED BY MYSELF AND GREG FAIRFIELD OVER 20 YEARS AGO. WE HAD PICTURES SENT TO US FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD.

SOME BADGES WEREN'T EVEN PAINTED. BUT THE MAJORITY HAD THE SAME COLOR SCHEME THAT WE USED.

WE CONSULTED FRANK GUILDNER OF SUNLAND, CA. WHO NOT ONLY HAS BUICKS BUT HAS WORKED ON BUICKS HIMSELF FOR OVER 50 YEARS. HE ALSO IS A MEMBER OF THE BUICK CLUB OF LOS ANGELES, CA. WE ALSO ASKED THE PAST PRESIDENT OF THE BUICK CLUB OF LOS ANGELES TO GIVE HIS INPUT, BOTH GAVE US THE THUMBS UP.

IN DOING RESEARCH ON THIS PROJECT WE WENT ON THE INTERNET - WENT THROUGH HUNDREDS OF MAGAZINES AND PICTURES OF BUICKS AND WE FOUND A WIDE VARIETY OF COLORS FROM LIGHT SHADES OF RED TO BRIGHT RED. WE'VE SEEN THEM FLIP FLOPPED.

BUT NO ONE HAS ANY DOCUMENTATION NOT EVEN GM TO SAY THAT THESE ARE NOT THE CORRECT COLORS. THE COLOR WAS CHOSEN BECAUSE THE MAJORITY OF THE BUICKS THAT WE SAW IN THE BUICK NATIONALS WERE THESE COLORS SCHEMES.

THE LOVE OF BUICKS INSPIRED ME TO DO PROJECTS LIKE THIS TO GIVE BACK TO THE BUICK HOBBY - THAT WE LOVE SO MUCH .

THANKS

RAY HERNANDEZ

Ray,

With all due respect we will have to agree to disagree on color scheme.

I feel there is ample documentation from Harry Logan's research and published in the 37-38 Club Torque Tube Magazines.

Anyway as I said good luck with the project and I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Mr. Hernandez:

Easy fix for the concept that the paint scheme is incorrect. Produce these badges without painting in the area in question and let the purchaser finish the badge. There seems to be no dispute that the badge is authentic. Perhaps cost would be slightly reduced to favor no paint.

Just a thought as it might promote more sales.

Also there are a limited number of pre war members that are active on this website. Promotion of this project would be best suited to a Bugle entry perhaps. If you are not a BCA member, I would be glad to sponsor you for one year (pay the $50 dues fee) so that you can get your badge information in the Bugle.

These are cost intensive projects that are hard to underwrite. I appreciate your attempts at producing these badges.

Harry Logan and I have discussed the issue of the painting of the badges on these cars several times.

Finding an original car that is unmolested these days is difficult.

In the case of my '38 Roadmaster, it was an unmolested car when I got it in '85. All the badges, bumper, side panel and trunk were all painted 1 color - black (no red).

One probable reason is that these parts were probably supplied to Buick by more than one vendor. So it might be likely there were some differences in the coloring of the badges.

Without solid documentation directly from Buick I think there should not be a hard fast stand

Don,

You are right ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

I always try to provide a source for my claim and I did in the other post and for those interested please see the factory photos below. Albeit black and white they do SEEM to indicate for at least these two cars (and I have one other but the file is way too big). that the "8" was darker than the other painted areas. It is still inconclusive, I know.

Also some note that the colorized renderings like the one below indicate the "8" was red, however there are numerous other mistakes with these colorized renderings and I don't use them as reference, however I wanted to provide it as an opposing view point.

Anything is possible.

post-53096-143138760634_thumb.jpg

post-53096-14313876064_thumb.jpg

post-53096-143138760645_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately the Holden bodied Buick never came with these bumper badges and our bumpers have a totally different profile and wouldn't fit but if they did fit, I'd be onto one of these for sure. There is one on ebay at the moment and it's $400.

Goodonya for making them Ray. They look smick !!

Danny

• 2 weeks later...

To All,

My father purchased one of these for his '38 from Ray and received it today and came by with it.

It's is VERY NICE! We put it on my bumper which has been chromed but not yet installed on my car and it fits tight and well. Note we just placed it up we did not tighten it down. But there is minimal gap between the bumper and the emblems it follows the bumper curvature well. The paint (my color comments aside) was excellent and well done.

I certainly give my personal thumbs up on an A+ job for fit, finish and quality.

After seeing my dad's I'm gonna have to get one too.

Ray, I suggest you also "advertise" over on the 37-38 Yahoo Group found here: 1937and1938Buicks : 1937 and 1938 Buicks ( Buick )

I'll be glad to give you a thumbs up over there too.

There was a questioned posted on the Yahoo! asking about these badges. I remembered this post from a while back and posted a link to this post.

The poster also mentioned he saw them on eBay so I took a look over there and there was a recently ended listing these, using the same exact images but the auction indicated the badge was sold for $9. I know there has to be a story about this. Was this a bogus listing or was there a mistake in the listing and it was pulled early.

NEW REPLACEMENT 37 1938 BUICK FRONT BUMPER BADGE ! | eBay

Just curious.

Bob

Guest 38-RAYS

GREETING FROM SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BOB

YOU ARE CORRECT THERE WAS A MISTAKE ON THE AD.THE FIRST SHIPMENT OF 33 HAVE ALREADY BEEN SOLD AND THE SECOND 33 WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE END OF THE MONTH.WE DID SELL ONE TO EDWARD DEPOULI BUT HE PAID FULL PRICE $250

<HR SIZE=1>

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->To All,<HR SIZE=1> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->To All,

My father purchased one of these for his '38 from Ray and received it today and came by with it.

It's is VERY NICE! We put it on my bumper which has been chromed but not yet installed on my car and it fits tight and well. Note we just placed it up we did not tighten it down. But there is minimal gap between the bumper and the emblems it follows the bumper curvature well. The paint (my color comments aside) was excellent and well done.

I certainly give my personal thumbs up on an A+ job for fit, finish and quality.

Guest 38-RAYS

YES IT IS BUT ITS UNDER MY WIFES NAME - HAVE YOU SEEN OUR 37/38 SIDE MOUNT TRIM YET? WE HAVE A SET ON THE EBAY SITE. TAKE A LOOK AT THEM AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK THANKS RAY

• 2 months later...
Guest 38-RAYS

WE ARE HAVING THIS VERY RARE ITEM REMADE . MADE FROM A NEW STAMPED CASTING JUST LIGHT THE ORIGINALS FOR GOOD DETAIL ! COMES PAINTED BLACK WITH RED 8 . ! WE ONLY HAVE 15 LEFT THE OF THE SECOND SHIPMENT AND ARE GOING FAST ! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED ? THE COST $ 250.00 EA SHIPPING IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE ! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED ? E-MAIL US AT RAYS1938BUICK@AOL.COM WE ARE IN LOS ANGELES , CA ASK FOR RAY HERNANDEZ

post-64756-14313888849_thumb.jpg

post-64756-143138888509_thumb.jpg

post-64756-143138888527_thumb.jpg

post-64756-143138888545_thumb.jpg

post-64756-143138888562_thumb.jpg

post-64756-143138888578_thumb.jpg

post-64756-143138888598_thumb.jpg

post-64756-143138888619_thumb.jpg