you know it's bad when..

Guest Recian

I've over time come to realize when pricing parts for my reatta where you buy them from is everything. On my hyundai or toyota truck, any import I can buy things on ebay for half the price at the auto stores or rockauto.com and i can get the same part brands and everything. But the reatta is backwards.. It seems ebay can stick "reatta" or "Riviera" on something and charge extra for it

examples:

Crankshaft kit (including bearings:

Ebay: $199-$225 free shipping

Autozone: $145 no freight charges

Flex plate:

Ebay:$55-$65 free shipping

rockauto.com: $35+12.95 shipping

Engine mount(front of engine bay):

Ebay: $135 free shipping

AdvanceAutoParts: $46.99 no freight charges

Guest Kitskaboodle

That may depend on what the item is.

Generally, I almost never buy new parts on Evilbay unless everyone else is asking too much for something. Case in point: Reatta EGR's.....everyone (including Rockauto) wanted like $145-150 for my 90. I found one on Evilbay for less then $70.00 and the shipping/quality were very good. :)

Bottom line....it pays to shop around.

Kit

I never have understood why there is such a wide variation in prices for anything automotive. Autozone may have one price, Pep Boyz may have one that is half that. For the next item it may be reversed.

Sometimes I do pay a little more for a part "made in the USA" but do not lose sleep if cannot find one. Are other countries that I avoid but again, is personal.

The Internet has made things a lot simpler, used to need to call around to find out current prices, now can just type and find reviews as well. Of course since anyone can post a review, sometimes they are less than helpful. However "tell me three times" is still effective.

for the most part ive seen the auto stores in my town are all within a few $$ of each other but internet is usually cheaper. I'll pay extra for ACDelco parts for the reatta since theyre basically OEM

when i went for an 02 sensor for my reatta average everywhere was $20 since it's not heated. Any vehicle 2000 and newer tho padgett i wouldnt recommend using aftermarket O2s but for reattas and the cars most of us on the site deal with theyre basically the same thing

Exactly, a one wire O2 sensor is just a junction between two materials (forget what) and it either works (on/off) or it doesn't. Three wire is better because can go open loop quicker. I understand one do more than on/off but our computer would not have a clue what to do with that.

Earlier this year I could buy Delco AFS22s for $15, maybe inflation is finally hitting.