So, I'm watching Roadhouse.......

Guest onedesertdog

Guest onedesertdog

Sorry for a non important thread, but I was watching the movie Roadhouse and Patrick Swayze buys that 65 Rivi, and he asks the salesman, " Do the headlights work?". So the salesman works the clamshells, and a tear came to my eye.(Thinking one day mine might work)lol. Reminded me of the thread where the gentleman shot the video with his Son operating the headlights. Very cool.

I can't tell you how many times I get asked "Hey isn't that the Road House car". I'm never an ass about it. But I have REALLY grown sick of hearing it.

That's no where near as bas as when I had my Factory Five Cobra Replica, and people would ALWAYS ask, "Is that a Real one" I would reply, yes it's a real car, with a real engine, real seats, real brakes, ect...

At the very beginning of the movie he gives the keys to another first-generation Riv to a street guy. It looks like a '64 to me. Then he drives off in his Mercedes.

I knew Patrick's brother in law at the time and I asked him if Patrick had a preference for using Rivieras in the movie. He said no but he did buy one Mercedes coupes used in the movie.