Sign in to follow this  
cote06786

1929 Dodge Brothers Sedan?

I would not have known the other places that David mentioned as I have not had any experience with any other bodystyles other than sedans but I had just assumed Rod that when you had mentioned peeled back and peeked that you just had not been able to see in their well enough.

Good to know on the other spots and I hope you find them where mentioned.

I see the Gray ( your upper color ) and possibly the primer ( redish color ) beneath it.

Thanks for posting the pics

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Iam very new at all of this .Its my first computer and my First 1931 dodge brothers 4 door sedan .I have a iPad so I am trying to post pics but I just can't get it yet I have a very nice car ! I just want to do the car justice .If anyone can help me please help me .I have well think I have all the parts to her .But just need help in the order to put her together as you can see from my brothers post (cote06786) it's in very nice shape .If ther is anyone that you guys know in the Ct area I can get to come and take a look please tell me . Thanks

Iam very new at all of this .Its my first computer and my First 1931 dodge brothers 4 door sedan .I have a iPad so I am trying to post pics but I just can't get it yet I have a very nice car ! I just want to do the car justice .If anyone can help me please help me .I have well think I have all the parts to her .But just need help in the order to put her together as you can see from my brothers post (cote06786) it's in very nice shape .If ther is anyone that you guys know in the Ct area I can get to come and take a look please tell me . Thanks

If you can send me photos, I may be able to tell you if the car is complete. I can also post them here if you like. John

keiser31@charter.net

My 1931 dodge brothers motor# DH 37474 B. The body# 3544831 this is on the passenger post. I have wood spokes , and if anyone can tell me if it matches that would help . Thanks

My 1931 dodge brothers motor# DH 37474 B. The body# 3544831 this is on the passenger post. I have wood spokes , and if anyone can tell me if it matches that would help . Thanks

You may have to get a photo copy of the build card which will tell you if it matches. The numbers sound about right for your car. Try this place for a build card. They are about $45.00.

Mailing address:

Chrysler Group LLC – Historical Services

12501 Chrysler Fwy.

CIMS 410-11-21

Detroit, MI 48288 USA

ATTN: Historical Information

E-mail:

archives@wpchryslermuseum.org

More photos of "Rsc" and his brother's car...

The only none-original part I see is the spark plug wire loom holder. The last photo shows what it should look like.

Rsc....you DO have the correct horn. The last photo has the incorrect horn.

post-37352-143138762402_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138762405_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138762409_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138762412_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138762415_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138762419_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138762422_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

You can see which cylinder head bolts the horn is supposed to be located under in this photo. Yes, that's me at 16.

post-37352-143138762498_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

My 32 coupe was written on the passenger rear corner "black BC DL"

Thanks,:) that seems like the place for the DL and DH coupes, if they have it. Thanks for the pics, Rsc and John.

Rod

You can see which cylinder head bolts the horn is supposed to be located under in this photo. Yes, that's me at 17.

That is Justin Beber !!!

John,

When did dodge/chysler start useing silver paint on the engines?

Vern

I believe that Dodges started using silver paint on the engines in 1933. I have seen some original 1931s and 1932s with the dark gray/green color, but not '33s.

Hi thanks for all the help .Is ther someone in the CT that you guys trust that can help me with my 1931? I'm not sure the order to put her back together

My 32 is silver with no signs of green....yet.

Maybe it was only 1931s I saw that were dark gray/green?!

Hi thanks for all the help .Is ther someone in the CT that you guys trust that can help me with my 1931? I'm not sure the order to put her back together

Hi Rsc

Where in CT do you live? I have a 31 Coupe.

Send me a private message with your phone # and we'll talk.

Thanks,

Joe C.

You can see which cylinder head bolts the horn is supposed to be located under in this photo. Yes, that's me at 17.

John and I were both pretty young when we took delivery of our DBs. :) Here I am at 13 years of age with my first car and I still have it. As you can see flat tops were "the thing to have". I've been tinkering with my Dodge for a long time. Here I am after giving her a fresh coat of paint with a brush...,:confused:kids do the darndest things, huh?

Rod

20111218133428.jpg

I think John looks more like someone else....can't remember actor's name...not Beiber (is bad word in our house!). I'll have to do some more looking!

Joe, you really do have too much time on your hands! Love the photo editing you do! Always a good laugh!