1954 Olds Starfire repair panels

Guest starflame

Guest Jim_Edwards
I am restoring a 1954 Olds Starfire that has serious rust problems. I need both quarter panels, can anyone help?

Your best bet will be to find a '54 98 Holiday 2door or convertible parts car and go to cutting out what you need. '55 year models may have been identical with exception of any holes for trim.

Edited by Jim_Edwards (see edit history)

Guest Bob Call

My Hollander Interchange says that the 54 and 55 98 series coupe quarter panels are the same. Convertibles have a different part number I suspect that they have additional strengthing parts not required for the coupes.

My Hollander Interchange says that the 54 and 55 98 series coupe quarter panels are the same. Convertibles have a different part number I suspect that they have additional strengthing parts not required for the coupes.

the difference is the convert panels are different on the upper part. They are a bit narrower to account for the top mechanism and they have the edge rolled to make the pinch weld. I've used hard top 1/4's on converts by cutting the excess metal away and rolling up a lip for the pinch weld. The 1/4's seldom rust up high so the convert 1/4's could be sectioned into the hardtop upper edges but going from one to the other isn't a job for the faint hearted......................Bob