!928 DB 4Screen Express Exhaust Manifold

Hey Juan! It looks like the experts have determined that it will work for you. That's Great! :) You can have the manifold for shipping costs. I need to show you a little bit of damage on one of the flanges. It should not interfere with the sealing of the copper ring. See photo. If you want it just contact me thru my work email that you have.

Bill

post-52313-143138759867_thumb.jpg

Ok I will P.M you his e-mail, this was his response when I asked him about its purchase........ How much is he looking at paying? Oh keep in mind that shipping will be $ 20/30/40???

I'm not trying to make a ton of money but I just dont know what its worth. Send me a price range for just the part and the address so I can get a shipping quote.

I am out of the loop now and want to have nothing more to do with it, I would just give it to you ( like machinest Bill offered if I had it but I dont )

I hope it works out for you

Just a suggestion, I would make sure that your e-mails to him are crystal clear, there can be no room for confusion. Good luck again

That would be the way to go then, I have e-mailed the other fellow and told him you would contact him so please do either way within a reasonable amount of time since my name is still in the midst. Good luck again

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to thank everyone for all your help. The guy from Ventura, CA came through and the manifold is an exact replacement for my manifold. It seems to be in very good shape. We haven't put it on but I'm pretty sure it will workout just fine.

Thanks again to everyone......

That's Fantastic Juan!

Because Dave Wollam was kind enough to tell me my manifold was junk I have been busy trying to repair it.

There are probably a hundred ways to fix this but I chose to go with a step sleeve so when everything is tightened there are shoulders to "seat" on. Because the ports are not perfectly round I will have to do some grinding to blend the sleeve in. I will make the sleeve next week and update with more photos.

Bill

post-52313-143138772001_thumb.jpg

post-52313-143138772004_thumb.jpg

post-52313-143138772006_thumb.jpg

post-52313-143138772008_thumb.jpg

post-52313-14313877201_thumb.jpg

post-52313-143138772012_thumb.jpg

quote...There are probably a hundred ways to fix this but I chose to go with a step sleeve so when everything is tightened there are shoulders to "seat" on. Because the ports are not perfectly round I will have to do some grinding to blend the sleeve in. I will make the sleeve next week and update with more photos

Wow great job Bill, I think I just found a new best friend!

@Machinist _Bill

Dang! Looks like you really know what your doing!

Again, THANK YOU all for the the help. I am sure I will be on here again, we all know that this is an on going venture, never ending, keeping these jewels going. At least, now I can relax a little and put some time into my 59 TBird. Got to get that tranny fixed!

Merry Xmas to all and hope we all have a great New Year!

Oh! Here is a picture of the manifold I picked up. Just hope there are no surprises.

By the way, they guy that sold me the manifold wants to get rid of the rest of the truck. Its a 26-27, I believe and is a flat bed. Says that all is there, just in need of restoration. Said he would let it go for $1400.

post-36483-143138773607_thumb.jpg

Made the sleeve this week and installed it. Had to grind the port to match the sleeve to eliminate any flow restriction. Used Loctite 660 to seal any seams as added protection even though when its bolted together it will tighten against shoulders. After it was installed it went back on the milling machine for a final deck cut on all the ports. It took .007" to clean up.

This weekend it will get blasted and coated. Enjoy the photos and hope everyone has a safe New Year!

Bill

post-52313-143138782363_thumb.jpg

post-52313-143138782366_thumb.jpg

post-52313-143138782368_thumb.jpg

post-52313-14313878237_thumb.jpg

post-52313-143138782372_thumb.jpg

post-52313-143138782374_thumb.jpg