Dodge Brothers centennial 2014

keiser31

Curious to know if anyone from the northwest or west coast is going across country to attend the 2014 Dodge Brothers Centennial Meet? I am planning a trip in one (or both) of my 1931 Dodge coupes to go from southern Oregon to Detroit. It would be great and very helpful if I could caravan with some folks. It would make for a much safer trip and we could talk "Dodge Brothers" on the trip. I am planning this trip as a meet and greet, too. I would love to meet some Dodge Brothers and sisters while traveling the route. I am NOT planning to tow or trailer the car(s). I want to drive a 1931 across the country for the adventure. Who's with me on this one? John

post-37352-143138752476_thumb.jpg

Curious to know if anyone from the northwest or west coast is going across country to attend the 2014 Dodge Brothers Centennial Meet? Who's with me on this one? John

Hey John- I'm in under one condition: You have to install a trailer hitch on your '31 just in case my '29 doesn't feel like going that far!

I am planning a trip in one (or both) of my 1931 Dodge coupes to go from southern Oregon to Detroit. I am NOT planning to tow or trailer the car(s).

This should be a good trick!

I can do 45-50....maybe a little more since I will be servicing the engine a bit. I was maybe thinking a week to get there, a week to spend there and a week to get back. That is a VERY rough plan right now and I realize that some of you cannot take three weeks to do that in. I am out of work....not retired, but I will be working out a LOT of things to get me to Detroit. I may even decide to sell one coupe to prepare/finish the other for the trip.

Yes, that would look great with my little DH6 business coupe towing Joe's phaeton. It reminds me of when I towed a 1947 DeSoto uphill with my 1966 VW beetle........

Maybe I will install this for the trip......

post-37352-143138752539_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest R-ajax peterson

John, If I were in your neck of the woods I would be honored to caravan with you. We will just have to meet there as I'm planning on going with the Roadster.

Rick in NC

John, I am planning to trailer my Dodge from Tumwater area to Detroit in 2014. I wouldn't mind joining your caravan pulling my trailer, but my wife and I are planning to take a non-direct route to see the U.S. and to stop by to see relatives to update my genealogy database. Howard

Hi John

My wife and I will be driving our 28 vic6 From Williams Lake B.C. That is a 3000 mile trip. Hopeing to pick up Harry and Debbie reading with there car and then on tho Wasmuths in Saskatchewan. Most of our travel will be in Canada. That will be a great trip.

Kevin

It is great to see so much early interest in the Centennial Meet. We are still in the early planning stages but I guarantee it will be a celebration to be remembered. Here is something I hope everyone will keep in mind as you prepare a car or cars to bring to the meet. One of our goals is to have every model of every Dodge Brothers vehicle and Graham Brothers truck built 1914 - 1938 represented at the meet. So, if you have something that is rare please consider bringing it.

Barry Cogan, Centennial meet planning committee.

• 1 year later...
I am shipping my 29 coupe to LA and then driving to the centennial

Now thats dedication !!!

Just wanted to give this thread a little nudge since we are getting closer.

I know mine wont be ready but I sure hope to be able to trailer it and enjoy the atmosphere of the event. Sounds like a time to remember for sure....:cool:

I really hope everyone that is driving this way to MI will either take lots of photos or videos of your trips! I would love to hear about the experience since we won't be able to make such a journey for the centennial meet. We live too close! lol

You could take the long way around Lake Michigan to get there...

That IS indeed a HEMI. 1968 426. Here's the front...with a 440 six pac lurking behind it here.

Sorry to get off topic but John could you shoot me some pics of that 440 via PM or Email ? Thats the setup my brother had in his 70 lime green GTX I was telling you about. (426 is a beast but that 440 ain't no joke...)

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Sorry to get off topic but John could you shoot me some pics of that 440 via PM or Email ? Thats the setup my brother had in his 70 lime green GTX I was telling you about. (426 is a beast but that 440 ain't no joke...)

Sorry....I don't have any more photos of that engine at this time. I will try to get over to my buddy's place to shoot some more photos of it. John

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Backyardmechanic

Joe,

You may want to contact Tom&Cindy Myers for a route as they made the trip from MI. to the Mass. meet.

Vern

Joe,

You may want to contact Tom&Cindy Myers for a route as they made the trip from MI. to the Mass. meet.

Vern

Thanks Vern,There's a couple ways we could go. Rt .80 thru PA then Rt 75 N or go thru Canada on Rt 3.We have time.

It's not a done deal yet