1936 Dodge Glove Box Clock Mounting

36 D2 Coupe

Hi everyone - I'm trying to figure out how the accessory clock available for a 1936 Dodge mounts through a hole in the right hand glove box door. I have acquired a correct accessory clock BUT the mounting parts seem to be missing. I have the chrome bezel that goes on the face (the clock is round, 2 1/2 inches in diameter) plus the body/works/face/glass but something is missing and I have no idea what it should look like. I do have photos of one of these clocks as mounted from both the front and the rear but the attachment method is not visible and remains a mystery. I realize these are quite rare but maybe someone out there has had one apart and can guide me on putting this one together. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Jim Hazlewood

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jim, I have the glove box door with both the lock and the factory clock in the door. On mine, there are two small screws on the back of the clock that hold it to the door. You first slide the clock in from the front of the door then there is a cover that goes over the back of the clock and will completely cover the back of the clock. This cover is held in place with the two small screws and holds the clock to the door with a pinching action. I would like to point out that the door for a clock is a double thickness so if you have a standard door, you may have to shim the clock just a bit to make it tight. Let me know if you need pics or any other help on this. Is your clock the factory original or is it an aftermarket type? On the factory original ones, the face of the clock will match the guages right down to matching hands. These are very hard to find clocks and I have only seen one, other than mine, and that was on E-Bay several years ago.

Hi 35cz8 -

Thanks so very much for the pictures you emailed to me. They cover the problems I was having in perfect detail. Now I know why things wouldn't go together properly. Damaged and missing pieces will do it every time. But it appears that I do have the correct clock. So we move on from there.

The members of this forum are the greatest folks in the world when it comes to help for obscure and difficult problems. We are all SOOOO lucky!

Jim

35cz8 - Photos here would be cool so we can all benefit. Can you do it? ;)

These are very obscure items with not much info out there on them. Would be interesting stuff to know!

If someone can explain how to post photos here, I will sure do it. I am by no means a computer whizz lol.

Pictures of the locking glovebox door with original clock are posted in a photo album on my home page if anyone wants to see them. There are pictures of the door taken apart to show the parts of the clock and the lock. If anyone wants large format photos, drop me an e-mail and I will send them to you. Hope these are of help.