Polo Green - 72,000 miles

Bushwack

Using my best Sgt. Shultz impression, 'I know nothing' about this care other then what the ad says (Buick : Reatta Buick : Reatta | eBay). But its asking price makes it an interesting prospect (as does the black hood). I was forwarded this post by an acquaintance although I don't see it posted with what is currently listed on eBay.

Seems odd that the description states it needs a hood, headlamps and front bumper strip. These clearly have already been replaced with parts from a black car. So, was it wrecked after these parts were changed, but the pictures are from before the wreck? Or did the seller already replace the damaged panels with the black ones pictured? If the latter, it could be a good deal, needing only a repaint and A/C work. The mileage is fairly reasonable too.

Wish I had the means to get it, I really like polo green. Just not in the cards, and it is too far away from me anyway.

KDirk

Well,

I figure if it is $1800, paint would add $2000-2200 and A/C work maybe $800-1000 depending on what is wrong, that puts it at $5000 all in (assuming there are no other major problems) and that isn't too shabby for a 91 with 72k miles on it in a fairly rare color.

Now, I obviously have not seen the car in person to inspect what would need to be done to get it to my usual standards, so the investment could be quite a lot more. But if the best case scenario were to come out as above, I still think it is a pretty decent deal.

Anyway, I have no dog in this race as I am in no position to consider owning another car at this point. Just sharing my opinion, which is worth less than 2 cents, even when adjusted for inflation.

KDirk

Interesting.

I know the seller, Jerry, he has bought parts from me for quite a few years.

Interesting I say because I got an email about a week ago from some one out east wanting a hood. I asked the color and he said green but any color would do as he could repaint it. I have lots of hoods but to save the buyer some money I referred him to Tom Benvie as Tom has a couple of extra hoods and is a lot closer.

I am guessing the fellow looking for a hood was looking at the car and maybe Jerry gave him my name as a source for hoods.

Never did hear what happened.

After an inquery I sent yesterday, I spoke with Jerry this morning. He's been a long time Reatta guy...owning quite a few. He has in fact installed the black hood, headlights, grille, a/c condensor and a hose on this green Reatta. He informed me that the body mounts do need to be replaced.