1940 Dodge Indentificain

Guest jkrisovich

Guest jkrisovich

I have a 1940 Dodge 5 window Businessman's Coupe. I am looking to purchase pre bent brake and fuel lines, But the company (Inline Tube) that I currently looking to purchase them from have there listing as a 40-46 Dodge 119.5 wheel base Special/ deluxe models. My couple has no identification any where on it as far as model. I contacted the company but the salesman could not help me with finding if my coupe is one of the vehicles they have listed. Can anyone help with the difference between models for this year or where I could find this information? I c

Guest DodgeKCL

Curious as to why you have to have pre bent lines? Or maybe I've been at this too long. It's very simple to buy lengths of tubing, flare one end, and drag it through,around the chassis,cut to length and flare again. Have done it dozens of times. Why dont' you want to 'roll your own'?

Concur with DodgeKCL regarding using stock tubing and bending and flaring it yourself. Not that hard to do.

But if you want to know exactly what your car is, look on the passenger door hinge post for the serial number plate. Put the number on that plate into the look up tool at Plymouth First Decade: Where is the VIN? and it should tell you what the model is and what factory it was built at.

Guest jkrisovich

I know its easy to do. I just looking to restore it back to the way it was from the factory. someone did what you guys said. They remove all original mounting clips, took short cuts. Looks like crap.