Thompson Products Valves S811 What Motor?

Guest meerkats1

Guest meerkats1

I recently came across a box of 6 brand new old stock valves in a box marked Thompson Products S811. I'm wondering what vehicle/engine they were for and hope someone can help identify them. Thanks.

Guest noncompos

I don't have a Thompson book (just got outbid for one!), but do have a King Products (believe became McQ-Norris). It shows (punctuation EXACTLY as in catalog):

"1934 DA Master. Pass. car, DB 1/2 ton, P 1 1/2 ton: Intake V947, Exh V948N.

"1935 EA, ED Master; EC Standard. Pass car, EB 1/2 ton; Q 11/2 ton (Slotted valves using key type Keepers)" This line shows the same V947 and V948N. (For this 1935 group there's also different numbered valves for "grooved valve using split type keepers" which also fits 36s--catalog ends 36).

V947: 1 15/32 head diam, 4 3/4 stem length, .339 stem diam, sloted.

V948N: 1 41/64 head diam, 5 61/64 stem length, .340 stem diam, slotted.

With sympathy, Bud

Guest noncompos

No, no, no...

HW said 34/35 Chev Master...

My post INCLUDED the 34 Master and the 35 Master, AS HW SAID (agreeing with him), and was meant to show my catalog listed ADDITIONAL 1/2 ton pickup and 1 1/2 ton truck models...

It was ALSO intended to advise you that per that catalog those models used different size intake and exhaust valves (some engines use the same size valve for both, some don't) so you could measure yours and tell if you have intake or exhaust valves.

I specified punctuation exactly as in catalog because catalog punctuation was messed up: the "Pass car" was meant to go with the "Master" models, NOT the truck models (the 1/2 ton and 1 1/2 ton models).

So whatever you have (intake or exhaust) they fit 34-35 Master cars AND the specified 1/2 ton pickup AND the specified 1 1/2 ton truck, per that catalog.