'73 Riv door closure issue

Guest fortwayneriv

Guest fortwayneriv

Having a problem with the drivers side door on my '73 Riv. In a nutshell, it closes and latches but it leaves about a 1/8" gap between the door glass and the quarter glass seal. This 'gap' continues along the rear edge of the door, as in the door does not sit flush to the rear quarter. If I push in on the door I can close the gap, but the door returns to its original position when I release it. I know the hinge can be a weak point on these cars due to the weight of the door, but just to be clear, this is not a sag issue...the door is perfectly aligned in every other way. Since the door used to shut flush, and I don't think its the hinge, I was wondering whether the latch is the issue. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what is the fix for this?

Thanks all,

Jeff Gray ROA#7546

Guest RivyRob

Hi,

when you open the door, the striker is adjustable, but more than likely needs replacing. There is a flat ring about 1/3 of an inch wide---if that is loose-it needs replacing. It should be tight and act like one piece. Hope that helps you!

Rob