Sign in to follow this  
20Premier

1928 Buick 47

Nickel for sure. If not for show/judging most now are going chrome. If being judged you will take a hit for each item. Thankfully, not that many. Off the top of my head they would be bumpers, radiator shell, trim rings for lights (do not know if your light buckets are plated or not, some are by model), and most interior trim pieces. Usually the cost to do either nickle or chrome is the same.

I don't believe there is any chrome on a 1928. Buick used nickel plate until 1930 at which time the exterior was plated in chrome and the interior was still nickel.

Thanks,

Thanks for the help, I am sure I will have more later.

Is there anything like the Model A Ford judging standards book for a Buick?

What about upholstery suppliers?

Thanks again

Chris

post-54566-143138750554_thumb.jpg

Oh boy! Another original car. Great find. Looks complete too. Keep us posted on your plans and activities. Congratulations.

Nice model 47 Chris! John is right it looks very complete, even has the winged radiator cap. Is the crankhole cover still there?

Dwight

I have literature that shows only one color combination for each model in 1928. Is this true. That each model also had it own color combination. Can we still get paint codes for these colors?

On my 26 Buick Sedan and 27 Woodie I had everything chromed. I know its not the way it came but plater said the nickel doesn't last as long as chrome. I'm not a purest as I built both cars the way I wanted them. just my thoughts.