Riviera friends - need your help for a vote, today 11/30/11

tjthorson

Some of you may remember me as the guy who bought my parents (really my dad) a 1964 Riviera. Of all the Buicks he had, his 1965, in green mist, was his favorite. He has been enjoying his car, hitting some car shows, getting some trophys, etc.

Last month I submitted his car for "I Love My Car" on ABC7 chicago. His car was chosen as one of the cars to be featured. Now, there is an online vote to determine "Car of the Month" - you can vote once from each PC you have. Nice thing about this poll - you dont have to put in an email, sign up for anything, etc. Just a simple poll. So - please take a moment and vote today if you can - thanks!

Might be obvious - but its listed as "Phil Thorson's 1964 Buick Riviera"

Vote for I Love My Car: Which is your favorite? | abc7chicago.com

Guest shadetree77

I just voted for it. Your dad's Riv had 92% when I voted so it's looking good. Anyway, good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Nice Riv........It just got my vote....

Thanks! Im surprised you could still vote, the voting ended early this morning and they announced it on the air that he had won. I captured it on the DVR and was going to dump it to youtube tonight and post back to thank everyone.

Guest shadetree77

I fell into the same trap guys. I thought the tbird had 92% as well and I was in the process of typing a response to that to post here when, for whatever reason, I pulled up the results again. If you look at the way they have it organized, the results for each car are above the name of the car, not below. So in truth, the Riviera had 92%. It was easy to do. When you look at the list it just automatically seems like the results for each car should have been below the name but starting from the top, it wasn't organized that way. Anyway, congrats on the win!!! Make sure you post that Youtube link.

Yep, typical of most newscasters. That guy was totally clueless!!! As distorted as his description of the car was, imagine what other more serious nonsense get's reported to the public.