Fuse 2, Interior Fuse Panel, '90

Guest Kingsley

Guest Kingsley

Off and on, I have had problems with this fuse blowing. In the process of working with the schematics, I am looking at Connector 200 located under the IP, passenger side.

When the connector is separated into the pin/socket configurations, the vehicle will not start. I see nothing in the start issue that appears on the schematics for this connector. Connect the two and away we go.

Prior to the recent blows, I was working under the left side of the console under the IP disconnecting the after market alarm system and reconnecting the OE system but did not intentionally make any wrong reconnects in the starter relay items.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Thanks.

That 56 pin connector would be used as an aid in determining if your problem is before or after the connector. Another Reatta owner recently has problems with his trunk lock and door locks (both on #2) After suggesting he start there I never heard from him again, so we will never know what his problem was.

Guest Mc_Reatta

Several signals to and from the theft deterrent system run thru C200.

Since fuse #2 supplies power to most of the interior body control switches and lights it's a tough one to trouble shoot.

Since it blows the fuse it's on the power supply side not the ground side of one of these circuits.

This power runs thru those splices under the seats, into the doors and into the trunk. All known trouble spots. Any occasional water leaks anywhere? Have these been looked at?

Guest Kingsley

Thanks for the info. I did have some wetness under the seats but it did not rise to the point of intruding into the plastic cover of the harness which runs from side to side and does indeed relate to many fuctions.

Just as info - connector 200 has, in my case, 26 pin and socket connectors. Of these 7 are hot in "run" position and I am tracing all of them now. Only one appears to involve my bad guy, fuse No. 2 and that will get all of my attention. I have not identified the other 19 connectors but will do so just to give me a complete background.

Starts great when C200 is in play but not when it is separated.

Keeping good records of what does what in that connector. Such as this is an excellent undertaking for educational purposes of Reatta electronics.

Guest Kingsley

Still checking schematics and could not agree more that C200 has a lot coming out of it.

With the Keyless Entry Module getting its feed through C200 it is easy to see how the start-no start situation is affected by the disconnect of it.

I have good pictures of both sides of C200 showing very well the active connections and will post it a bit late just as an interest point.