1917 Center Door Sedan or Closed Car.

Guest 56Chevy

Guest 56Chevy

I'm still trying to round up more information on a 1917 Center Door for a friend that has one up for auction. I have been told it is very rare, maybe 10 known? The reason that I ask, I have a guy trying to pin me down on how many are left. Thanks for ANY info on this car!

Out of some 90,000 Dodge passenger cars made in 1917 there is no breakdown that I have been able to find that gives the production number of the different body styles. Certainly there were very few of that style made and there is absolutely no way to tell how many exist today.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TommyDodge

I believe that model was made for only 3 years, 1917 through the 1919 calendar year. it wasn't a popular model, and didn't sell well according to all the books I have about the Dodge Brothers

Guest DodgeKCL

There may be one of those outside Stouffville Ont. about 30 klicks north east of Toronto. I remember it because of the removable posts. The guy used to drive it all over maybe 25 years ago. Haven't seen it since. If you want to track it down go to 'Al Webster Classic Car Sales' in Richmond Hill Ontario Canada, he sells antique cars, and ask him about it. The owner knew Al and possibly worked for him at some time at the '400 Auto Wreckers'. The Dodge lived just south of the Bloomington Side Road in a small rural subdivision.

Edited by DodgeKCL (see edit history)