Climate Control Head Installation....

ptt

I have had a recent radio/EEC theft from my '90 Coupe.:eek: Must have been a kid because the aftermarket AM/FM single disc CD player equipped Sony wasnt exactly a BOSE!! They're $20 locally on Craigslist. The factory alarm on my Coupe is not functioning correctly as it will just "beep...beep..beep" softly inside the car when triggered. Mistakenly left the door unlocked after servicing the headlight motor that afternoon. It was very windy that particular evening and our Rotweiller we have just didnt hear anything that night. He doesnt miss anything. He can hear dogtags tinkling on a dog being walked a block away! It must be the same thief as its happened three times in successive years around mid-November each time. Im installing a IR capable suveillence camera system that Ive procrastinated about for years! I have a replacement Climate Control Head coming from Jim so I believe it should be a simple splice-in install. Any thoughts as to the factory alarm problem? My '90 convertible works fine...honking the horn and all. Ideas appreciated. Thanks.

It is located next to the parking brake petal. Drop kick panel, and there is a plastic bracket that you unscrew, this will let you lower this bracket to get at the theft relay.