Happy Thanksgiving

Howard

When I was a little kid, the adults always told me that when I get older, time will move faster. You know, they were right! It seems like we just had Thanksgiving! As I have done for a number of years, let me be the first to wish everybody on the forum a Happy Thanksgiving. While I have not owned a Reatta since 2008, I still check in from time to time. It's good to see old names, but it is good to see new ones as well. Have a Happy and safe Thanksgiving.

Hello all !

I just wanted to say, thanks to you all & with all your help ! This is 1 great forum & a great group, of people !

Thought I'd share a pic.

GOBBLE GOBBLE, JEFF :P

P.S. Don't LQQK, in the background .... you might all think, I have that " Dreaded Reatta Fever " & that you all talk about ? ? ? ? :eek:

post-71954-143138738871_thumb.jpg

On behalf of the entire staff and management of ReattaOwner.com,

I would like to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!

<small>(Yep, that would be me.)</small> :)

Yep, ditto that from the entire staff and management from East Coast Reatta Parts! :)

I hope everyone out there has a fantastic thanksgiving!

And just a hint.. I've found that Reatta seats are especially comfortable for that after-dinner nap.. Plus you get to get away from the in-laws for a little bit. :D

Guest wally888

Howard, guess we just won't go away!

I have owned 6 Reattas, 2 at a time twice, last one was sold a short time ago however I still visit here every day.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Wally

Guest 89 Maui

You know that if Ben Franklin had his way this would be a Bald Eagle Dinner and the Turkey would be a natrional bird - protected. Ben might have had a lot of great ideas but this one I"m glad he didn't get his way.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and enjoy your time with your family, friends or football

Woody

89 Maui

Just got home from co ordinating another Thanksgiving Meal.

A lot of work but very rewarding, watching people serving people. For one day what this world is supposed to be, look to help others and not be me first. And mostly those that got served were those less fortunate.

If anyone is into numbers;

1900 meals delivered 1300 served in the hall. Because of delivered meals aprox. 500 volunteers.

4000 pounds of turkey, 700 lbs each of stuffing and potatoes, 3300 servings of green bean casserole, cranberries, then sweet potatoes, pickles, carrots, olives and for desert 400 pumpkin pies and various donated pastry. The entire meal paid for by various business' in the Appleton area.

The meal event was covered by local TV media [ Wbay channel 2 and WFRV channel 5]. So you might have an idea what it looked like...

Hope your day was great, I am now home resting and reveling in what we accomplished, as well as the Packers winning yet another game.

Guest 89 Maui

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving Day. My wife and I prepared the turkey and ham (for my son and grandson) and all of the side dishes. I give my wife the credit for her cooking, I may have peeled the potatoes, prepared the turkey for stuffing, stayed with cleaning the dirty pans and dishes and we had the dinner ready on time for our daughter and son, their spouses and all 6 grandchildren ( 5 granddaughters and a grandson ). As a side note, my daughters daughter was the first girl born in her in-laws family in 5 generations. That was exciting.

Anyway, dinner started with a prayer and each adult and child were asked to say what they were thankful for. I was really taken back by the responses of my grandchildren, it really touched my heart.

We finished dinner and I started cleaning the dishes when my business cell phone rang. Every 5 months I must work 2 weeks of ON CALL emergency service. The 1st week I am backup to the primary person on call and the 2nd week I serve as primary with anither person as my backup. I got the call from Jim asking me if I might have a module for a problem at Ft Belvoir Hospital in the DC area. It would have been easy to say that yes I have that module in my truck but unwilling to leave my family, but I said yes knowing that he would not be able to help the hospital out if I didn't. I let my wife know that I was meeting Jim at our office to give him this module and I would be back in an hour. Jim was then able to do the service call with my help.

Where does one's helping someone lead to helping other people. In my case, I design and maintain fire alarm systems in the DC area. By servicing the fire alarm systems such as Ft Belvoir Hospital, I am keeping the patients and hospital staff safe from a possible fire emergency. The people in the hospital have no idea that Jim, myself or other technicians are keeping them safe, but it feels good inside knowing that i am watching over them.

I was back home within the hour and enjoyed spending time with my family and ended the evening watching the rivalry of the Harbaugh brothers playing the first bother vs brother NFL football game, Ravens vs 49's. And the Ravens won.

I hope everyone had a thankful Thanksgiving Day.

Woody

89 Maui