How to ruin a car show....

Lebowski

the last car show i went to was ruined by an early 90's roadmaster with one of those stereo systems that has speakers all over the car. the guy driving it and his crew thought they were gangsta's with their colors nad head scarfs. the base was so loud and that same stupid repetitive beat that you could hear and feel it everywhere in the show and it even overcame a nice band hired to play at the event. i finally asked him to lower it but he refused. people just started to leave including myself. last time i go to an open car show. skyler

The year before last, the Medford Cruise was marred by an idiot who did a burnout while "cruising" in his buddy's 'Cuda. Right in the middle of downtown Medford. Yup....the gas pedal stuck and he wiped out the 1952 Chevy in front of him and bounced off into a building, just missing some spectators. Let's face it....ya gotta be smarter than the car you drive.

As long as somebody brought it up, one of my pet peeves is loud music and stupid announcements at car shows.

There is nothing worse than getting placed next to the speakers and having your skull assaulted all day. It makes it implossible to socialize with anyone.

When exactly did people decide that this was necessary?

Am I the only one that finds this annoying?

As long as somebody brought it up, one of my pet peeves is loud music and stupid announcements at car shows.

There is nothing worse than getting placed next to the speakers and having your skull assaulted all day. It makes it implossible to socialize with anyone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, your not the only one! Last year one of our local shows had a band to blow everyone away. The people who put on the show asked what they could do to improve things for this year...they got a ear full. Most of the comments started out by saying they wouldn't be back if the music was going to be the same, plus some saying just because we grew up with loud music doesn't mean we listen to that stuff today. That in itself tells you the age of the participants.

This type of thing is now happening in restaurants if you can believe that! Which turns the meal into a high tension meal. The music is not loud, but totally incompatible with eating!:P

Don

No you're not. When I go to local show one of the first things I look for are those big ugly speakers on tripods. If they try to park me near one I politely refuse and park someplace else.................Bob