Timing Fixture Instructions Needed

Michael L.

Good Day:

I have the Ford new style timing fixture #x12127-D. This is the one with both a timing disc and a moveable dwell scale. Can anyone give me a copy of the instructions for timing the v-12 distributor using it? I have the v-8 instructions, but not the v-12.

Thanks, Mike L.

There are timing stands made by the various, kr wilson type service tool manf., made in the 30-40's..they provide calibrated measure when manually setting breaker contacts in Ford style distibutors....The Heier / Westinghouse machines were used in Ford dealers, and I suspect many serviced dist as unit..like we would a waterpump exchange..but for those

in small remote service..this gizmo is essential for tune up..

lets see a picture Mike!!

It's pretty easy, Mike. Just click on 'New Reply' (don't use 'Quick Reply'). Scroll down to 'Advanced Options' and click on 'Manage Attachments'. Then click on 'Browse' to select the picture file (assuming it's already on your computer), and then click 'Upload'. The system will not accept very large images, so you might want to shrink the photo to a size that's under 1 meg first. -Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Mac's List a 4 page Instructional Pamplet for K R Wilson Timing Fixtures. Their Part # is VB116 and their price is $6.50.. I don't Know if this helps or not !!

Guest Harry Connors

I am also need a set of instructions for the KR Wilson Timing fixture, what is Mac's list web page? There are a lot of Mac's listed on a Google search. Thanks Harry

Harry:Mac's Antique Auto Parts ..They are in Lockport , NY...Also where are you at in Germany??? I spent 2 Years there , in Heilbron ...Hope this is of some Help...Mac's Specialize in Ford Parts .I use them because many old Ford parts Are the same as Lincoln Parts....

Guest Harry Connors

Thanks for the information. I have an office in Heidelberg and Mannheim. I am a Government Relations advisor for the Headquarters. All of the US Forces facilities in Heilbronn have been closed for some time now and we are in the process of closing Mannheim with Heidelberg following before the 2015 time frame. I hope to be back in Tucson early next year so I do not have to witness that. Among other jobs I had in the 2/4 Infantry quite a few years ago I was the S3 and we had C Company in Heilbronn guarding the Pershing rocket and warheads. Those were interesting times. I found a 48 Lincoln Continental Coupe here in a barn that came from New Mexico back in Jan 2001 that I traded into. I hope to finish the body work this month. Harry