New Knobs from Knobsoup, Inc.

Keith L.

Keith here. Attached is the latest addition to my line of Lincoln Zephyr Reproduction plastic. Most of the cream color knobs for 1942 are the same style as post-war years with a few exceptions. One of those exceptions is the one-year-only tuning and volume knobs for the 1942 radio. Because of the short production run for '42 and the fact that radios were optional, make them extremely hard to find.

These reproduction knobs were molded from pristine '42 originals, cast in the correct '42 cream color and come with the mounting allen screw. If you are interested, send me an email and I'll send you a complete color price list: knobsoup@gmail.com

Thanks

post-31184-143138736754_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Cecil,

Well, I was busy making '41 interior knobs for my three window coupe, 2 1/2 years ago. That's how I got involved in this whole knob thing. Since then the number of years that I make knobs has grown. The only '37 interior knobs I make are the window crank knobs. I sure could use some-up close photos of the knobs on your stunning '37 3-window dash. Need to see the lettering. I also need to find some nice '39 dash knob and window crank knobs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Help me, to help other wacky Zephyrites.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Keith -- I'll look and see what I have, but not sure I have anything good enough to copy.

I thought I had some close up interior photos of the Thorson/Capizzi 37 Coupe that were posted online a few years back. If I can locate the photos on my old PC, I'll try and post (or send directly).

Jim

Sorry it took so long to get back. First, thank you Cecil for your offer. I hope you find something. Let me know if you do.

Dave, the steering wheel project is moving forward. The "pristine" wheel I had hoped to cast looked prefect, however it turned out to be out of round. Couldn't see it with the naked eye, but when I put it on an 18" circle drawn on graph paper, it was out by 1/4 inch. Great for a driver, but no good for casting. Must have set on a peg for forty years and distorted. I am now finishing a restoration of a nice wheel to cast. The wheel will be have a flawless, mirror finish to cut down on after casting clean up. Should be molding soon.

Also included in this post is the latest addition to my knobsoup line. I realize there not much call for '41 limo switches, however I got a call from a member who had one good one and needed four. I have placed an inset photo into the product shot to illustrate where they go.

Need a price list? Send me a note.

Keith, knobsoup@gmail.com

post-31184-143138790606_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished this '42 wiper knob reproduction. I realize there is not much demand for these, however I had a customer request one so now it's in my arsenal of knobs. Need one? email me. Interesting, the one I found to copy was a '46 knob in translucent red. I thought all post-war wiper knobs were chrome.

post-31184-143138823003_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...

Bruce, thank you for the post. I have cast and reproduce the gearshift knob, window escutcheon and window crank knobs in ivory for the '48 Plymouth.  Sorry, I have not cast the 1940 P9 Plymouth interior items.  You are willing to send me samples (headlight, throttle and choke  knobs) I would be happy to give it a go.. Contact me at knobsoup@gmail.com

Keith

• Like 1