found this today

mastertech

Driving by the local scrap yard today seen this chrysler sitting there.

Looks complete other than engine, trans is there all gauges and interior parts.

engine looks as if just removed didnt see it sitting around. Also the car seems to have been sitting inside for some time. lots go good parts trim and stuff all seen to be there.

post-30849-143138736516_thumb.jpg

post-30849-143138736529_thumb.jpg

its a 55 and after much thought I think that the engine was removed by guy here in town that use the engine in a hot rod. I know hat he had wanted a 331 hemi for it .

I will check tomorrow and see if he drop it off there. I would love to have that car i just cant affored it right now.

makes me sick if that is waht he did as the car looks to be in very good shape as far as body wise.

DEFINITELY something that needs to be saved!! Obviously, somebody just wanted the engine and didn't care what it came out of! Reality is, at least to me, the car should have been sold to somebody that would like to have it (complete) rather than to use it to just get an engine for another project.

If he was just wanting an early Hemi, he might have searched for a Donovan 392-style engine than just "a stocker" that'll need everything. I suspect the HotHeads website might have offered some used engines, too.

BUT at least somebody interested in the car has now seen it and advised others of where it is. Looks like too nice of a car to suffer its fate!!!

Perhaps you might send an email to the OnlineImperialClub? Hopefully, somebody will pick it up and preserve/restore it for all of its glory!

NTX5467

Guest Bob Call

I encourage someone to get this car and save it. Chrysler 331 hemi engines are easy to find altough a little pricey. This could be a great driver with a little work and not too much money. As it sits with no engine should be cheap, say $2000 or less.

If anyone is interested, the site to find Hemi engines and parts is Hot Heads Research & Racing Early Chrysler Hemi Home

Edited by Bob Call (see edit history)

I did some checking around today and found out that a local towing company had gotten this car as an abandoned car about 8 months ago along with a 1960's gmc school bus, they both belonged to the rainbow people.

the owner is big into demo derbys but they would not let him enter it because it was to big, they were afraid that someone would get hurt.

It has set in his lot for awhile under a tarp till he decieded to clean out and took it to the scrap yard, it has been there for about 2 weeks.

They in turn put it out front last friday to try to sell parts off of it, since they cant sell the complete car because of no title.

The tow company are the ones who remover the engine

I don't know about the rules of the yards where that Imp is, but here, if a car goes into the yard, you cannot buy it from the yard as a whole car.
I believe it will have to have salvage title to buy it as a whole car, other wise only parts.

I bought a 69 tbird for parts one time with no engine from a yard, all i got was a bill of sale only because there ws no engine.

Keiser31 and mastertech are right. I bought a car from a junkyard on the condition that I can only use it for parts. No title, just a bill of sale was offered. I recently saw an junkyard ad in a local newspaper saying a Florida law now allows people to junk cars without titles. I wonder how many of these cars are stolen? I say this because, I had a car stolen only to find it in one of these places.

Edited by rhb1999
clarification (see edit history)

Most yards cannot sell a car because they lack a dealers license. We had a yard here, years ago, and the guy had a license. I bought a few bikes from him. I got a bike at a local pick a part a few years ago, but I had to buy it in pieces. Took it home, assembled it, got it going, applied for a lost title, and Bob's yer Uncle.

Guest Foggy norm

Get a bill of sale with the apropriate numbers, get it to your house, call the police to verify it's not a stolen vehicle, with a report and bill of sale, take it to the Sec. of state/DMV, file for a title. No engine...it's a pile of rolling part's.

Good news I got the car!!!! worked out a deal with the yard manger , they need a trans repair on one of their trucks, I get the car along witha bill of sale and the orignal abandament paper work fron the police.

Also got in touch with the tow company and they will sell me the orignal engine for the car, may be able to work out a deal withthen too, not sure yet.

The car will be at my dads barn later today

Guest Skyking
Good news I got the car!!!! worked out a deal with the yard manger , they need a trans repair on one of their trucks, I get the car along witha bill of sale and the orignal abandament paper work fron the police.

Also got in touch with the tow company and they will sell me the orignal engine for the car, may be able to work out a deal withthen too, not sure yet.

The car will be at my dads barn later today

Great news!!!!!!!!!

The only other option was that someone from RI buy it and forget the crappy title rules............10 years, no title! One of the very few things I like about RI

good save, the car looks like it will clean up and make a nice original driver. It will fit right in with your 51 and 65. I bought a 62 Corvette in Dubois in 1973 from Jim Hartsfeld he also had a Hurst Olds in the garage. The Corvette was there long enough for a small tree to grow in front of the garage door.

Good luck with the Chrysler I am glad you got it so no one decided it needed a Camaro subframe.

Happy Holidays,

Jay