New 2012 Roster

Guest studepeople

Guest studepeople

I was wondering what other members thought about their new (very expensive ) roster for the AACA. I was hoping to have something that was from the AACA with members cars that I might contact . To talk about the same "Makes and Models " that I have and maybe to share thoughts and to get help with problems. Boy was I saddly mistaken. You have to keep seaching back and forth just to see if any of the members in your state even live near by. This is a very none user friendly roster. If you don't own one don't waste your money.

Guest studepeople

To Mr. Burgess; I looked at the postings in the past forums. Some raise some interesting concerns , but this is not at all what my concerns are. Not the privacy issue. I have no problem with members knowing what autos I might own. If they wanted to contact me I have no problems with that either. To me that is the main reason for a roster in the first place. This is not a roster . It is a celebration of some people's cars. That is fine, but this is not a useable format for a roster. I thought I bought a roster .....I did not!

studepeople,

AACA has done a roster each year for many years. This is not a roster, it is a "membership album". I did not order one and I have not seen one.

I do not know if AACA is also doing a membership roster this year or not.

As Steve Moskowitz said in the other discussion:

"The product is 100% guaranteed. It seems that several photos did not make the magazine. Human error. Sorry, call the customer service number and they will take care of you."

If you are not happy, you can return it for a refund.

Just to put some finality to this: Our rosters have never been more than an alphabetical listing or listing by state. Strictly name and address. We are not printing them anymore but expect to have it online in our new website in the future (available only to members).

We attempted to do something different this year and allowed a company that has done membership albums for other car organizations and tons of other institutions to handle it. Is it perfect...no. Does it meet everyone's needs..no. Do some people love it..yes.

If we ever do it again we have the experience of knowing what our members want and don't want in a publications of this type. Over 6,000 people purchased it so obviously we struck a chord with some people.

Is it possible to add members cars to the upcoming computerized register? This was not possible in a printed edition, but would be on the internet.

Phil

Phil, that is a bit problematic. The book is a membership album and people agreed to have their cars in it. Not sure we have access to that info from HC. Need to think this through!

Our roster (which is what will be online) has never included car info as some of our members do not want it published. Due to the size of our organization and the numbers of cars our members own that would be a huge project.

Is anything simple anymore. We will look into your idea. Might be possible to put on and allow people to add their own info but I do not really know.