1940 buick clock dial ?

Guest joe buick

Guest joe buick

Hi, trying to remove the dial on the clock (borg) so i can replace the face and clean it up On my 40 super. I dont want to damage it i try pulling it but it seems very hard also tried turning it backwards but dont want to force it

Thanks Joe C

• 2 weeks later...

Are you trying to get the hands off? The minute hand will come off by pulling it straight off the shaft. I used a table fork to get behind my hand to get it off, the hour hand usually comes off much easier. I think they may have put a little shellack on there to cement it on. Good luck now, Earl.

Guest joe buick

Hi earl, The minute hand was the one that was very hard and i did not want to break the clock or bend the hand so i put it back togather untill i got more info on it. The good thing is i found another clock that i bought so i have a back up if i do mess it up.

Thanks for the reply.

Joe C.

• 4 weeks later...

I own a car clock repair business. Being your clock is a Borg, you will not hurt it. With some makes of clocks, you stand a big chance of the minute shaft coming out with the minute hand---not good. There is a special tool made for removing hands---basically it's a miniature pry bar with a forked end.

Guest joe buick

Thank You, whats the contact for your clock repair business, in case i decide just to send the clock to you for repair, i wont be removing it for awhile i'm working on my 64 cadillac right now trying to get it reddy for spring (full paint & top)

Thanks again Joe C