DA Door & Window hardware lubrication

HBergh

I'm looking for some ideas on how to lubricate the door opening levers and window crank mechanism without having to remove the upholstery. When I roll down the window I can use some spray lubrication in the doors but I would like to apply some longer lasting lubrication. And for the windows not in doors it's almost impossible to even see the associated crank hardware. Even when I removed the window frame l could not see the hardware any better. Thanks, HB

Thanks, guys, for putting some reality into my issue. The upholstery was redone and it may have been attached in a non-stock manner, which caused my original concern about accessing the inner door and window hardware. I'll see if I can do a little more investigation on how the upholstery was attached. Thanks again, HB

Just a thought, but if you could get the exact location of a good grease point from somone that has the panel off and you could drill a 9/64 in hole in there and take a can of spray white lithium grease and squirt it in there without removing the door panel.. If anyone has the dimmensions for my 1925 4 dr sedan I would like to try it also.. Dimmensions from the center of the window crank handle would be good.. Small hole like that would never be noticed..

Yes, I was joking but I suppose now that I think about it you could get a wand that is used in the autobody industry to spray sound deadner ect in in-accessible areas, Shultz is one company, might work.

Figure out an adapter to get the wand on the can you are spraying and it may be more work than removing the trim panel