My adoption came through....

Bushwack

Car needs some mechanical work but not as much as I first thought. Biggest concern is the a/c compressor (which is why I was asking questions in the other thread). But upon further research, it may only need a recharge/be converted to R134A. Teves system works great - best feel of any Reatta I've driven (now that I opened my mouth, I'll turn the ignition on tomorrow and the ABS and Brake light will stay on).

Top is brand new as are all four tires. 52,700 on the odometer. Need a radio (darn cassette clanking but looking for a GNX radio), antenna, crank arms and other minor cosmetic items readily available. Bought the car for a song - home grown (a SoCal car). Will post pics once I have had a chance to bathe her 'Bushwack" style.

...and I forgot to mention - full portfolio. Working flashlight, tire gauge, a pen that writes, memo pad, handbook, etc. There is also the application to complete to send in for the personalized nameplate (I thought the nameplate was made at the dealership at time of delivery). Haven't seen the OEM sticker but neither have I been looking for it. :)

Edited by Bushwack
added portfolio info (see edit history)

Nice car. Did you see this one?

Buick Reatta for sale | Hemmings Motor News

Looks like your 1991!! :)

I saw this car last last week (Buick Reatta for sale | Hemmings Motor News). Been available for 22 months and counting. Seller will take no less then $14K (which is what he has invested in the car) but says he will not sell at a loss. He wants to sell badly...just no serious interest. Car looks great. Even the black paint has minimal swirls. My only advice was to install an OEM radio.

Steve - have you seen this car?

Looks like your 1991!! :)

I saw this car last last week (Buick Reatta for sale | Hemmings Motor News). Been available for 22 months and counting. Seller will take no less then $14K (which is what he has invested in the car) but says he will not sell at a loss. He wants to sell badly...just no serious interest. Car looks great. Even the black paint has minimal swirls. My only advice was to install an OEM radio.

Steve - have you seen this car?

I love that car.. Very sharp.

Hard to believe he has $14,000 in it.. He doesn't even have a new top.

The black speaker covers look good in that case. Contrasts very well with the rest of the car.

If it were my car, I would have put a factory style CD player in it, as well as a OEM radio. Probably a pair of 16-ways too..

That's the kind of car I want.. Black/tan convertibles are my weakness.

Guest Omaha Reattas

Great looking ride Ervin! Now you have a pair to practice the top adjustment proceedures on. Thanks for the check I got today.

Looks like I better get busy on my vert and get some pictures up.

Enjoy!

Guest Richard D

Top is brand new as are all four tires. 52,700 on the odometer. Need a radio (darn cassette clanking but looking for a GNX radio), antenna, crank arms and other minor cosmetic items readily available. Bought the car for a song - home grown (a SoCal car). Will post pics once I have had a chance to bathe her 'Bushwack" style.

Besides a GNX radio I found one from a Syclone or Typhoon, both fit in the mount perfectly and the factory connectors are the same. You gain a built in CD player but loose the cassette. Looks factory and sounds great.

Bushwack/Marck - maybe I havd missed something along the line but are you folks talking about the same car? "Brand new top to "does not even have a new top".

I will have to re-read but now I am checking six headlamp motors and their switches on my test module. I do not just turn the switch on and off in the evening but I put them to actual test on my bench test stand and set them to cycle every ten seconds. Up and down, up and down .... for fun, think I will set them on separate timers and watch them blink at me.

NEW TOPIC SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC - Hope all have a nice Veterans day. 'Tis a shame we honor them today and seem to slack off on the other 364 days. Shame on us!

Kingsley,

I was talking about the Black/Tan '90 convertible that Bushwhack said had been listed for 22 months in Hemmings.

I believe it's 16085434.

I believe you are wrong (but I also believe in the tooth fairy).

I came up with 16170865. I think there were two units available for the Typhoon/Syclone. Your model number is for the AM/FM. My number shows for the AM/FM/CD/EQ and the other bells and whistles.

I also think my model number unit will pop out a stack of pancakes when you push the eject button. :eek:

I believe you are wrong (but I also believe in the tooth fairy).

I came up with 16170865. I think there were two units available for the Typhoon/Syclone. Your model number is for the AM/FM. My number shows for the AM/FM/CD/EQ and the other bells and whistles.

I also think my model number unit will pop out a stack of pancakes when you push the eject button. :eek:

MAN.. Pancakes in your Reatta? I dunno about you, but I'm getting the 16170865. :D

I got my part number from the eBay ad you sent me Ervin.. So I'm going on whatever the advertiser says here...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest steveskyhawk

Earlier in this thread I posted a pic of a black 91 coupe in a wrecking yard. This car had a date of 11/7/11 written on the quarter panel. This date indicates the day that this car was placed on stands for dismantling. Today I revisited this location and the car is gone to the crusher. 2 weeks! Get it when you can I guess.