Doodles

Guest Moepar

I started learning to draw when I was taking care of my mother in law while she was dying (passed last year) as a way to keep what was left of my sanity. Bought "Drawing for Dummies" & been working away ever since. Now that I can get away from home like a normal person, I have been taking some art classes & learning to paint. Just thought I'd share this with y'all as this is my first attempt at a graphite drawing of a friend's Packard that he just bought with intent of restoration. Its a work in progress, hopefully will have it done in next week or two.

post-30917-143138726429_thumb.jpg

Guest Jim_Edwards

Dang, you are flat good!

Too bad Packard is long gone, you could have had a bright future in their advertising department......:)

Lookin Good! :D There are some artists around here that come to the car shows, and will do a drawing, or painting of your car for a fee. Could be a way for you to make a few bucks on the side and pay for your art materials. Creator of Harry and Meatsy, The one and only,... :cool: Dandy Dave!

Lookin Good! :D There are some artists around here that come to the car shows, and will do a drawing, or painting of your car for a fee. Could be a way for you to make a few bucks on the side and pay for your art materials. Creator of Harry and Meatsy, The one and only,... :cool: Dandy Dave!

Thanks Dave.

Harry & Meatsy?!? This sounds interesting. . .

So Meatsy feels the need. . . the need for speed. :D I can relate!

So, when are you going to do your next episode of Harry & Measty?

I'm over my head in work right now ( For real, putting a basement under a rental house I own. ) so I don't have any time to Doddle.... But come cold weather when I'm stuck inside and my mind starts to rambling on such things, then the saga will continue. :P ...:D ....:cool: ... Dandy Dave!

• 3 weeks later...

Had a little more time to "doodle" today. Still in the works (working on the shadow area & grass around car - getting it filled in now), I need to try to have it finished by tomorrow. :rolleyes: Hopefully that shouldn't be a problem. . .

post-30917-143138754502_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys!

I have finally finished it. I wanted to have this done by tomorrow evening as that is the car club Christmas Party. I'm hoping the owner of the car will be there so he'll be able to see the finished picture. I just sprayed it with a fixative to keep it from smearing, and I will see about getting a copy made of it on the way to the party tomorrow. I'll photograph it then when I can take it outside (better light) & see about posting the finished picture over the weekend. Its 11x14 (too large for my scanner) graphite on Vellum 100% Cotton Rag Paper.

Nice! Sometimes I have taken a photo of pictures to post that are too big for the scanner. The problem is holding the camera steady enough on close ups so the photo does not blur. Sometimes I set the camera on something like a table top, or against a door opening to keep it from wiggling. Dandy Dave!

Guest Jim_Edwards
Thanks guys!

I have finally finished it. I wanted to have this done by tomorrow evening as that is the car club Christmas Party. I'm hoping the owner of the car will be there so he'll be able to see the finished picture. I just sprayed it with a fixative to keep it from smearing, and I will see about getting a copy made of it on the way to the party tomorrow. I'll photograph it then when I can take it outside (better light) & see about posting the finished picture over the weekend. Its 11x14 (too large for my scanner) graphite on Vellum 100% Cotton Rag Paper.

Take it to a copy center where you should be able to reduce it down to 8-1/2 X 11. Then you'll have something easy to scan. It will come out a whole lot better, faster than trying to shoot a photo.