Harmonic balancer question

waltmail

My serpentine belt shredded, and in the process bent heck out of the crankshaft position sensor vanes on the inside of the balancer. Is there a separate part number for just the vane assembly or does one have to replace the whole balancer? Seems like such a waste to toss the whole balancer for this.

Probably not because the vanes have to be oriented ecactly to the center. My guess is that a special jig is required that even a machinist would have difficulty managing.
You're probably best off just replacing the balancer. it's make as a unit meant to be swapped as a whole, not in pieces.

Yup. Thought so. Just a bit curious. Now I will have a big Reatta paper weight.

Well it is done and running better than ever. New crankshaft position sensor, new balancer, new belt, new water pump, new power steering pump (was still noisy after the new rack project I did last month). A positive side effect is that I have been nagged by constant error message on CRT screen referring to electronic problem detected, for a long time. Now that is gone. Mystery of the ages, but I am guessing that the CPS was the culprit.