Wanted 1973 Camaro LT as stock as possible

Guest Richard D

Guest Richard D

I am looking for a 73 Camaro LT with 350 cid and automatic. This was the first year for the LT model which stood for luxury touring. They came with up graded interior, lots of extra sound proofing and a sport dash with full set of factory gauges. Don't want one that has big motor installed or a 4 speed stick. By the drivers side headlight there is a metal TYPE LT BADGE and also on the rear valance by the passenger side tail lights. Also on the steering wheel hub was a TYPE LT logo. Upgraded suspension but not Z-28 beat you up type. These are not sports cars, more of a semi luxo personal car. Never should have sold mine, but I was 24, what did I know?

Thank You

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Try going to NastyZ28 Second Generation Camaro Owners Group. This is a 2nd generation Camaro site, and there are a TON of 2nd gen guys on here. You should be able to find a forum on there where you can bring up '73 Type LTs for sale and I bet you could find one through that site. I have a '74 Z-28 Type LT, so I'm quite familar with those cars, if you have any questions. Sounds like you know what you're talking about, though, and maybe you know of the site already. Good luck either way, the '73 Type LT is a GREAT car!

• 7 months later...

You've got to watch some of those advertising "upgraded" this or that stuff! In '79, the "special Berlinetta Suspension tuning" was no more than a rubber spacer on the top of the front coil springs! As I have a '77 F-41 Type LT that I ordered new, I was very curious to see what the special Berlinetta suspension amounted to. All I could find specific to the Berlinetta front suspension was the rubber isolator.

In '77, the optional (even on Type LT) F-41 suspension was regular "computer selected" springs, stock 1" front sway bar, .56" rear sway bar, and Z-28 shocks. Plus a unique steering gear (ratio and stiffness). I ordered mine with G80 PosiTraction and also the adjustable driver's seat seat back (an option shared with Vegas).

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Guest Richard D

I am not crazy after the 73 LT, the 74 LT had the 5 mph bumper with slanted front and lost the rear round tail lights.