11 1950's vintage radios

Guest 12engine

Guest 12engine

hi all,

Im a scrap metal collector, and was given the following radios to take to the scrapyard. I dont have the heart (or lack thereof) to just toss these in the scrap heap without seeing if they're worth anything to anybody. some are labeled as to what car they go to, but some arent;

1 is a Buick Sonomatic,

1 is for a 1950 Oldsmobile,

atleast 1 is for a Chevy,

1 says its for a 1951-52 Pontiac,

and the others are unlabeled.

judging from their condition, I highly doubt any of these radios work, Im guessing they're just good for parts, but hey, if someone can use the parts, thats great.

Im tryin to sell them as quickly as possible, cause I dont want em takin up space in my garage, cause otherwise these will end up in the scrapyard by next week.

if I can get $100 for the lot, that'd be great. the price is negotiable too. if you want the whole lot, or just 1 or 2 radios, thats fine by me. If you think Im asking too much, or certain radios are worth more, feel free to let me know. If you want some closer shots of certain radio(s) ask and Ill be happy to do so.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

pics below

IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

Guest 12engine

Just took a closer look at the radios, and one of them

Has a "builders plate" stating it was built for Studebaker. It doesn't give a date though.

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

The problem for me is that the price is a little steep. Shipping on those radios is going to be a bear because they are monsters. I'd love to take them off your hands because I have several like them, I'm sure I could salvage them for parts. But $100 is too rich for my blood. Hopefully, someone who restores these radios up north is going to see this and jump on them. I just hate to see these radios go to the scrap heap. We've lost too many of them as it is. Could you send me any info that you have found on the radios and I'll maybe take a few of them off of your hands?

email me at docdans@yahoo dot com

Thanks!

Docs Gal

Guest 12engine
The problem for me is that the price is a little steep. Shipping on those radios is going to be a bear because they are monsters. I'd love to take them off your hands because I have several like them, I'm sure I could salvage them for parts. But $100 is too rich for my blood. Hopefully, someone who restores these radios up north is going to see this and jump on them. I just hate to see these radios go to the scrap heap. We've lost too many of them as it is. Could you send me any info that you have found on the radios and I'll maybe take a few of them off of your hands?

email me at docdans@yahoo dot com

Thanks!

Docs Gal

Sure, will do. I'm flexible with the price, $100 was just a ballpark figure. I have no use for them, and I'm not tryin to get rich off em, I just want em out of my shed and them to go to a good home where they'll be used. I found out from the guy who gave them to me that 1 radio actually does work, I believe it is the Studebaker, but I'll have to check with him on that. I'll send you an email later.

Brian

Guest 12engine

Ok,

I talked to the guy who gave me these radios, and he told me that the radio that works is the one that is for a 1950's chrysler. I will look at the radios tonight and figure out which one that is. I've gotten home after dark the past couple days, or else I would have looked sooner.

Docs Gal, I'll send that email with some pics tonight.

Filbily, I got your pm, I will contact you later as well...

Brian

• 5 weeks later...
Guest 12engine

Hi all,

Happy New Year. Just an FYI, the Buick Sonomatic has been sold, but all the other radios are still available.

Brian

• 11 months later...

How about the 1950 Pontiac radio, bottom row, black face should say Chieftain on dial? I would be interested to know if you still have it as a parts unit.