Code E013 - Open O2 Sensor?

Guest 89 Maui

Guest 89 Maui

I am experiencing the code E013 coming on then goes out within a half mile. It might come on again in a half mile at 30-40 mph, but if I am on the interstate the code E013 might not come on for 8-10 miles and then go out in a mile. The code does not come on while idleing. It appears that it must be associated with even a minor road bump, but it goes out without a bump in the road.

I have checked the connector and wiggled it and pulled on the wire but does not cause the E013 code.

At this point I am pointing my finger at the O2 sensor. Could the O2 sensor possible have a back contact inside?

If I replace the O2 sensor with a replacement equivalent from Advance Auto would I be able to splice the conductor to mate up with the connector?

Thanx for your input.

89 Maui

Guest 89 Maui

Thanx Ronnie, I was searching through some of the links but didn't see that one. Too late tonight in testing the O2 sensor, besides I'm watching the Ravens/Steelers.

Guest 89 Maui

Ronnie -

I went through the O2 sensor diagnosis and found 2 readings that seem out of range. ED18 in driving measured 35 to 53. But When stopped in park I was seeing 31 not 4 to 6. Then ED07 measured .37 to .55 but for about a 1/2 second it would show 0 then back to .33.

Thanks for the 02 sensor diagnosis link.

I will get an 02 sensor very shortly.

Thanx for everyones input

89 Maui