The Hartung Collection Auction - Stutz Ignition Light Switches

Guest Adelaidian

Guest Adelaidian

Well, I've been hunting for a Stutz switch just like the one in the attached photo.

And wouldn't you know, two excellent examples were sold last Thursday at the Hartung Auction, and I didn't know they were there. Asleep at the wheel.

If anybody can help me procure one of these switch types I'd be most pleased. I have a Stutz Gasoline Pressure gauge which I could use as part exchange.

I believe that the HCS and Pierce cars also used the same switch, and possibly other makers. If I can't get a Stutz unit I'd be happy to go with one of these others in the interim.

Jim Scammell

post-79626-143138724114_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps track down those Stutz switches. They were auction lot 5479 and went for $748.

I had googled "Lee Roy Hartung Auction results" out of curiosity to see how things had gone and spent much time absolutely engrossed. Auction of the year? May be the auction of the decade! Prices unbelieveable, thousands of lots, big big bucks. Congratulations to Auction America. What a success.

The Veritas brought $195,500, and the Davis around $140, 000, didn't write the exact amount down.

Guest Adelaidian

Thanks for your input gentleman.

Maybe I should also post on HAMB in the effort to find who bought these.

I sure would like one on my car to control the Delco double distributor system.

Cheers

Jim Scammell