herb mendelson's pontiac, santa monica, ca.

PONTIAC1953

hi, does anyone have pictures of herb mendelson's pontiac dealership, it was located at 9th street and santa monica blvd, santa monica, calif. back in the 1950's. or can put me in touch with the herb mendelson's family. thank you in advance, charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

Sorry Charles, I had been to that dealer looking at cars with my dad many times...and the Pontiac dealership up a few miles more on Santa Monica Blvd.,the name I can't remember.

Don

Edited by helfen (see edit history)

Guest Jim_Edwards

A bit of history about Herbert A. Mendelson.

His father was one of the original founders of Fisher Body. He was born in Detroit and moved to California in 1948 and founded his Pontiac Dealership. He passed away at age 53 on June 23rd 1951. He had three married daughters at the time of his death all of whom lived in Michigan.

Who actually operated the dealership after his death is not known.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry Charles, I had been to that dealer looking at cars with my dad many times...and the Pontiac dealership up a few miles more on Santa Monica Blvd.,the name I can't remember.

Don

hi, i can remember living in santa monica, ca. from late 1971 to 1976, i graduated from samohi in 1974. further inland on santa monica blvd was stan chazen's pontiac dealership i think near where sepulvelda crosses santa monica blvd in west los angeles. is that the other dealer you're thinking of ?, charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

hi, i can remember living in santa monica, ca. from late 1971 to 1976, i graduated from samohi in 1974. further inland on santa monica blvd was stan chazen's pontiac dealership i think near where sepulvelda crosses santa monica blvd in west los angeles. is that the other dealer you're thinking of ?, charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

The name sounds familiar and the dealer was west of the 405, but east/west S.M. Blvd. was split and before further west where both sides come together. I always thought it was Jules Meyers Pontiac which was originally Bruin motor car co. though.

My dad ordered our 50 & 59 Pontiac out of A.E. England Pontiac-Hollywood, I ordered my 69 LeMans out of Majestic Pontiac- West L.A. I don't know where my dad ordered his 40 Pontiac.

I also remember going to Ulrich Pontiac-Culver City, Dolman Pontiac-Inglewood, Salta Pontiac-Long Beach ( where my 62 Catalina was ordered from ) Peninsula Pontiac in Torrance, Bill Barry Pontiac in Santa Ana, Surfside Pontiac-Manhattan Beach, Scott Robinson-Torrance.

Hey Charles, you might want to look up Pontiac's Zone 24 and see if there is a list of dealers.

Don