Sign in to follow this  
55 SURVIVOR

1955 BUICK BUILD SHEETS

I HAVE FOUND 3 HAND WRITTEN BUILD SHEETS IN MY 1955 BUICK.ONE UNDER THE DRIVER SIDE SEAT IN THE SPRINGS,ONE UNDER THE CARPET BEHIND THE DRIVER SEAT,AND ONE IN THE FRONT PASSENGER SIDE CORNER SEAT BACK MOULDING.2 ARE CORRECT FOR MY CAR,ONE IS FOR A DIFFERENT COLOR/HARDPOST SEDAN.HOW COMMON ARE THESE,AND CAN ANYONE DECIPHER THE OPTION CODE LETTERS.IT READS AS SUCH; TOP OF PAGE HAS "879" 4449 43,BAA 446,A-H-I-Q-R-B-D-F-M. ATHER ONE HAS "842" AT TOPOF PAGE THEN IT GOES 4469 41 BRR 440 A-H-I-K-R-B-D-F-M MY CAR WAS MADE AT THE GENERAL MOTORS PLANT IN WILMINGTON DEL.ANYBODY WORK THERE?? THANKS

Guest my3buicks

You would probably be better off posting this in the Buick section.

I am actually a Pontiac guy, so I do not have all the Buick codes, but I would love to see a photo of your build sheet(s) as I have never seen them from the 1950s.

The sheets you have are probably from the Fisher Body side, who built the body from the firewall back in their plant then sent it to the car assembly plant nearby to be attached to a chassis. As such all the codes should reflect items related to the body rather than mechanical items like, say, an axle ratio or four barrell carburetor.

Word has it there were several copies of build sheets taped to the body shell throughout production, as you have found, and that they sometimes were placed inside the car, sometimes not, sometimes put in a nearby incorrect car. So your finding seems to back this up. Interesting find, would like a photo if you could post one, thanks, Todd