Dodge brother moter car album

Guest peggy

Hi i wonder if any one can help i have a Dodge brothers album which was my late great uncles it belong to his late father who emigrated to america from cornwall about 1915 i believe he worked in the factory i have a old leather back album with about 53 black and white pictures of each stage of makeing the car on the back of some pictures there is hand written notes as to what was going on i would like to sell this album does any one know how i would go about this any help would be great many thanks peggy:)

Peggy, are these personal photos your relative took or maybe factory photos? Can you identify the years of the pictures? If you could post a few maybe we could indentify them. The club has many factory pictures, but is always looking for more. As 1936D2 stated, our collection is stored in the AACA library, which is a public library. Information is available to anyone to use for research.

E-bay is always a good place as well, as suggested if you post some pictures of the album itself than someone here can maybe give you an idea of value.

thank you all for your help i will put some pictures on for you all to see at the weekend as i am new to this its not always easy the album i have is soft covered with Dodge Brothers moter car on the front approx 15"by 11"with black and white sepia photographs approx 13"by 10"with canvas backing i think it must have been done by the factory as there are numbed on the back of the photos explaining each stage of the process plus some of the other photos have thin leaflet with dodge brother works printed on them again explaining what is happening in each picture so i think my uncles father did not take these him self i hope this makes sense and thank you once again

ps

i live in cornwall England would that be a proplem to sell it for here :)

Peggy, I am, as several others on this site are, a member of the Dodge Brothers Club. I would be interested in this album for the club. It would wind up with our other literature, stored in the AACA library for public use. The AACA library is in Hershey, PA. , open to the public and is accessible by internet for copies, etc. Our club is a non profit organisation, but not being a US taxpayer I can't get you a charitible donation credit from our IRS. The president of our club happens to be on vacation, I think. But if we can agree on a price I'm interested. My email is DAW1@comcast.net. Would love to see a few samples. Doug

Edited by nearchoclatetown (see edit history)

Hi,

Thanks for all your interest and comments. I have taken a few pictures of the album and uploaded them on to the Flickr website for all to view. Please note that the album contains 54 different photos but I have only uploaded 6 pictures as examples. Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing this unique piece of history.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69479362@N03/

Guest Backyardmechanic

John,

The DB store has a DVD that shows how the early cars were made,there's about 3 min.showing cars being tested on the "hill".Worth buying!

Vern