'68 Shelby GT500KR auction 9159 original miles

Guest Xprefix28truck

Guest Xprefix28truck

Just thought I would throw this out in the universe for interested folks. This auction is coming up this Saturday Nov. 5th. I saw this add last night for this sale. The Shelby KR has its original 428 Cobrajet with only 9159 original miles on it. The lady that owned it passed away last year at age 84. She drove it once and a while until her passing. You can see pics at the attatched link. Once on the link look for the photo section.

Onsite Estate Auction - Plainfield, Indiana - Plainfield, IN

post-59090-143138715602_thumb.jpg

This car has really suffered from poor storage.

9,100 miles??? non-original shocks, the engine block is covered in grease, non-original valve covers, etc.etc.etc... It really looks terrible and used under-hood.

Isn't it easy to disconnect the speedometer cables from cars of this period?

The interior may be ruined from the mildew, that’s another irretrievable loss.

The auction claim of “best un-restored” couldn’t be further-off from the truth. There is at least one other 500KR with fewer miles, and it looks like new.

At best, this car is a “cool barn-find”, and that’s about it!!

I bought a 72 Ranchero 500GT new . In those days you got a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty. when I had about 7,000 miles I took the speedometer cable out of the transmission. There was a plastic gear that came out and you put the cable back in. For the rest of the year I drove around on the factory tach for speed. Before my year was up I put it back and took it in for the few covered things to get repaired. One thing I remembered was the windshield had a stress crack that had developed probably after the warranty would have been up.

Guest my3buicks

I've detailed out enough cars over the years to say with some patience and work, that car could look fantasic - I personally perfer to find them untouched and undetailed. As far as the mildew seats, I had a car that had a fairly heavily mildewed interior when I bought it - that car went on to win a 2nd Junior with the original interior in it.