Door Trim

Guest dakree

While driving my Reatta the other day, I got a bit too close to a short metal pole standing in my lot, and I caught it with my passenger-side door trim. The extent of the damage is that the clips holding the trim on are mostly broken, and one of the studs in the door is bent. Also, the very edge of the trim is a bit ugly now, but overall the trim itself survived largely intact. My first question is, can these clips be purchased online? Also, how do I go about replacing the bent stud? Finally, I am aware that trim on cars like these is generally amongst the most rare pieces...but how much would I expect to pay for a new one if it could be located?

Guest steveskyhawk

You will need to replace the moulding and clips. Clips are unique and not available new. Contact Mike at buickreattaparts.com He has everything you could need.

There are 6 or 7 clips holding the molding to the door and on the ends there is a stud attached to the molding with a nut that holds it on. If one of the 6 or 7 clips is missing that is not a problem as the other 5 are more than enough.

I have the door molding in black and most other colors with all the clips and my prices are most likely the lowest.

I have been selling Reatta parts for about 12 years and can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com

Guest steveskyhawk

Dakree and all,

If you want your new molding to fit like it is supposed to I suggest you use all the clips. Also no prybars or rubber mallets are required for this repair.