TBird1

Guest TBird1

I'm interested in finding how you can tell if your TBird originally had Dual Carbs? 40 EE6XK 20 Y 3 1 Serial No. E7FH395322. Thanks.

Guest billybird

According to the serial # it is a 2x4 1957 thunderbird. This is denoted by the E. C denotes 292 2v; D denotes 312 4V; E is 312 8V and finally F would be 312 Supercharged. As for some of the other #'s 7= 1957, F= Dearborn assembly plant, H= August.

Body code H means Thunderbird - as does the 40 at the beginning of the number quoted above. I guess the rest of the numbers refer to options fitted but I don't know the codes. There is a book about them somewhere I think.

My copy of The Standard Catalog lists the 312 supercharged engine as a code E as well but I suspect that may be a misprint - it is logical that it would be F.

Edited by nzcarnerd (see edit history)

Guest billybird
Weren't all 57 birds the same body style?

Yes, but some came with a hardtop,some a soft top,some both tops or they could even be ordered with no top.

Guest billybird

TBird1: Here is a breakdown of the total code. 40=Thunderbird, EE =white exterior with a white top, 6=this is the only one I'm not certain about but I believe it has to do with whether the car came with one top,two or none. XK=white interior, 20=day of the month,Y=November, 3=auto trans, 1=310:1 axle ratio. Hope this info helps.