Jaxed.com is back!

Rawja

Guest Kingsley

Talking about Ebay's ownership of similar activities - what really irks me is the Ebay mandate that you make payment through PayPal. Optonal, fine but mandatory and its 2.9 % off the top added with Ebay's 12% or so is a real bummer.

Probably takes a lot of complaints pressing for optional as many folks do like the guaranteed payments.

Very glad to see them back to their former usefulness! The cease & desist episode was the worst kind of abject stupidity. I always say if you can't join 'em, beat 'em! Of course, with ebay's high dollar attorneys behind this action, I expect they will find yet another cause for claiming a violation. We shall see...

KDirk

Guest Richard D

For some reason when I click on an item that is listed on 3taps all I get is a white screen that says feedback in vertical letters on the right side of the screen. This computer is getting old, (runs on steam) but when I click on a listing that says from ebay it works fine. I bet it's an epay plot!

Richard

• 2 years later...
Guest Dan Gibbs

Damn...I can't get any of it to work as well as Craigzoom used to work. Craigzoom is now "zoomthelist" which sucks - I can do my own search using google and forget about a third party website:

buick reatta site:craigslist.org

SearchTempest.com is 1% less easy to use than Craigzoom was, but beats this jaxed & 3taps b.s. hands down, period!

Type in your zipcode, select "within 3500 miles" or whatever distance you want, and put "buick reatta" in the search box...done. All searches are grouped by the "local" craigslist city/region. Any city/region that doesn't have a "buick reatta" is automatically dropped as you go. It may ask if you want to see eBay results but I disabled that a few years ago.

I not an idiot on computer-use and jaxed just gave me ebay and google search results. That 3Taps is a mindf%^& compared to searchtempest.com

Dan G :)

I just played with it and found this 1988 Select Sixty that is in MN for sale...........54K miles, decent price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Buick-Reatta-Coupe-2-Door-54K-Miles-Black-/281357109975?_trksid=p2054897.l4275#ht_370wt_1358

Barney,

Did you know it was a Select 60 by the hood emblem or by checking the VIN?! Do you think the sellers have any idea?

The 1988 "Select Sixty" is nothing special.........the hood emblem is the icing on the cake. The story I was told by Ed Mertz, he wanted to have a car for the 1987 Select Sixty Dealers. The Reatta production had just started in January 1988 and the meeting was in March or April. The cars were not given to the dealers, they were added to their Reatta allotment, as the car was in high demand at that time. Ed did not want or have time to make a "special" version because the line was busy and it might interrupt production. The special SELECT SIXTY DEALER hood emblem was the solution. However the emblem was not available when the cars were built so standard hood emblems were placed on the cars. One dealer said his car came with the emblem, so the possible story might be that most of the cars were built without the emblem. They were staged for deliver to the dealers and even if the emblems arrived before the cars were shipped it would take a few man hours to send a couple of workers out to the lot and change the emblems. Also it was Feb in Lansing MI. it was probably cold and maybe snow covered the cars. Management chose to send the emblems to the dealers via mail. The dealership could then install the SS60 emblem. It seems that installing the emblem on most of the cars by the dealership was low priority and most of the emblems found their way to someone's desk drawer.

For internal accounting/tracking the SS60 cars had a X22 code on the Service Parts label. That code is the only thing that (officially) identifies the cars. The dealership could have put the emblem on another 1988 Reatta or as we feel has happened, the emblem stayed in the drawer until the dealership won the 1989 Select Sixty award and at that time they could receive the 1990 white convertible with white seat. That is when the owner, general manager, or new car manager had the great idea of pulling out that emblem and putting it on the 1990 convertible.